• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

Buyer/seller feedback thread

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Purchased from: yatzee
Date of Transaction: November 2012
Comments: Bought a N75 ($20) and oil cooler ($35). Very nice guy to deal with, recommended.

gromitbeast

TDI
1996 Passat Wagon 1996 B4V, Navy blue. 1999.5 Jetta Black
1999.5 Jetta

I bought from: JCrews
Date of Transaction: 29 November 2012
Comments: Purchased a 1999.5 Jetta TDI. Excellent dealing with him. Very honest and forthcoming. Thanks Jesse!

Bailout

TDI
2000 Jetta Tdi
Purchase from: djvienna

I bought from: djvienna
Great seller! Highly recommend! (nice flea-bay sounding 'thumbs up') - but really - he's a good one to buy from!
Bought: TDI engine top cover - it arrived in mint condition (better than described!)

Brian

Drewmeister

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
I bought from: N519AT
Date of Transaction:
2012-10-31
Comments: Bought alternator pulley & tools; shipped quickly and arrived in good condition.

vdubdezl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI 5MT, 05 Honda Odyssey EX-L
I bought from: GotEuroCorrado
Date of Transaction: December 2012
Comments: Bought an EGR cooler for an ALH. Looks great!

Strykeviper

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5 speed swap, 2002 Jetta Wagon, 2015 Passat SEL, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen
I bought from: Goodie
Comments: Bought a used A4 Bentley manual set. Thought I got a Brand New one. The book is in better than described condition and shipped quickly. Would definately buy from again.

Bailout

TDI
2000 Jetta Tdi
Bought from/ VW NewF
Purchased: Steering Wheel and airbag.
Great to deal with, quick shipment, it was better than he described!

Thanks VW NewF!

Brian
iPhone Forum Junkie

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Bought from: loudspl
Purchased: Used Q-Loader

Purchase was painless, shipping was immediate, and item arrived in same condition as in photos.

Thanks loudspl!

Aaron

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
Purchased from: Vw NewF
Comments: Bought a MAP sensor and a short coolant hose. Very fast shipping. Items in perfect condition and great communication.

SandbaggerOne

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Sedan (RIP)
Purchased from: redjetta
Comments: Bought a used, cleaned, ALH intake manifold. Very clean, quick shipment. Thanks.

rracerus

TDI
2001 Jetta tdi
Purchased from: 2002tdi
Date of Transaction: November 8 2012
Comments: Bought a Audi First aid kit Sent Paypal payment Nov 8 never received it and now he's ignoring my emails.

SandbaggerOne

TDI
Purchased from: GIDDY_UP_GO
Comments: Bought an ALH exhaust cooler and upper and lower pipes. Good condition, prompt shipping.

Purchased from: Fishdisease
Comments: Bought a used 10mm IP. Nice guy to deal with.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
Purchased from: 02tdivw
Date of Transaction: December 18, 2012
Comments: Purchased a central comfort module (CCM) for $60 that came with a broken case but most importantly it has random problems. The member has stopped communications. I acted in very good faith and paid as a gift so that he wouldn't be charged paypal commission, now I can't dispute :mad:.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Beware of stealth vendors!

Comments: Purchased a central comfort module (CCM) for $60 that came with a broken case but most importantly it has random problems. The member has stopped communications. I acted in very good faith and paid as a gift so that he wouldn't be charged paypal commission, now I can't dispute :mad:.
Hi Pedro, I'm sorry you got burnt. This is why everyone needs to report these fly-by-night stealth vendors. I need everyone's help. I reviewed 02tdivw after seeing your feedback post and determined he is a stealth vendor.
General warning to all: this is why stealth vendors hurt the community: trust; as in CAN'T trust. Before entering into transactions with unknown people, click on their name, then click 'view all threads'. If they are mostly FS threads... Well, buyer beware. All you know of this person is they are making profit off of Tdiclub forum members.

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH
You should call paypal and explain the situation. You have a chance to get your money back even if you sent it as a gift. It's worth a try.

Good luck :)

Crankous

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GL 5speed w/Panzer FMJ, 2005 B5.5 passat auto, 2000 Golf 4 door 5 speed
Purchased from: Keyfarms
Date of Transaction: December 19th
Comments: I purchased a set of injectors and a passenger side engine mount, the one that bolts to the block. Motor mount was as expected. Recieved everything in a timely fashion. Had some trouble with the injector set and Keyfarms was quick to respond to all messages and we were able to sort out return and refund quickly with very civil conversation. Which is much appreciated by the way :)

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
You should call paypal and explain the situation. You have a chance to get your money back even if you sent it as a gift. It's worth a try.
Good luck :)
It is worth a try, although I would think that they probably would not be too keen on doing it, since it was a gift and they were deprived of their fee that covers such occurrences.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
It is worth a try, although I would think that they probably would not be too keen on doing it, since it was a gift and they were deprived of their fee that covers such occurrences.
Well... I did contact paypal and I am gladly surprised they sided with me and allowed me to open a dispute. I just want to send this CCM back for a refund.

Thanks so much Volk14, thebigarniedog and nicklockard!

I do believe 02tdivw is an unregistered seller. The CCM had markings usually made by breakers and also the case was badly damaged, one broken nut and case broke in half (box removed carelessly).

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Well... I did contact paypal and I am gladly surprised they sided with me and allowed me to open a dispute. I just want to send this CCM back for a refund.

I do believe 02tdivw is an unregistered seller. The CCM had markings usually made by breakers and also the case was badly damaged, one broken nut and case broke in half (box removed carelessly).
You're welcome. This is why we're cracking down. The forums have become infested with junkyard sellers and parts-counter guys. The question I ask is: Does it look like this person is here just to make a buck off of hapless forum members, or are they giving something back or part of the community too? Buyer beware: look at a poster's post history before engaging in business with them.

Volk14

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat wagon TDI, 99 Beetle ALH

Great, I'm glad that it worked out for you.

:)

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi

Excellent! I am glad this worked out well for you. I know some don't like Paypal, but I have yet to have a bad experience with Paypal. I would even go as far as saying that when a respected vendor on this site had their website hacked and some member's credit card data stolen, that having used paypal to purchase from them kept my credit card info safe.

I think one big word of caution though is in order and may be getting lost in the recent campaign: Just because someone is registered on Tdiclub as a Vendor does not mean that Tdiclub warrants a transaction with them. It is my understanding that Tdiclub does not endorse any Vendor; their product; does not rank Vendors (ie Awesome, Good, ok etc etc); and does not resolve issues involving Vendor transactions (although there is a bad vendor thread).

It is my understanding that Tdiclub just has the Vendor's info on file in the event they do something sh*tty, they can be banned, removed from selling as vendor etc etc.. In other words, Tdiclub probably cannot retroactively fix a bad vendor transaction/experience. I think this is important to point out to prevent some from thinking from the current campaign that they can "drop their guard" a bit because they are dealing with a person/entity on Tdiclub that has 'Vendor' status. We all have a separate obligation to use common sense and our best judgment when dealing with any transaction, especially on the internet.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
Excellent! I am glad this worked out well for you. I know some don't like Paypal, but I have yet to have a bad experience with Paypal. I would even go as far as saying that when a respected vendor on this site had their website hacked and some member's credit card data stolen, that having used paypal to purchase from them kept my credit card info safe.
I think one big word of caution though is in order and may be getting lost in the recent campaign: Just because someone is registered on Tdiclub as a Vendor does not mean that Tdiclub warrants a transaction with them. It is my understanding that Tdiclub does not endorse any Vendor; their product; does not rank Vendors (ie Awesome, Good, ok etc etc); and does not resolve issues involving Vendor transactions (although there is a bad vendor thread).
It is my understanding that Tdiclub just has the Vendor's info on file in the event they do something sh*tty, they can be banned, removed from selling as vendor etc etc.. In other words, Tdiclub probably cannot retroactively fix a bad vendor transaction/experience. I think this is important to point out to prevent some from thinking from the current campaign that they can "drop their guard" a bit because they are dealing with a person/entity on Tdiclub that has 'Vendor' status. We all have a separate obligation to use common sense and our best judgment when dealing with any transaction, especially on the internet.
^This X 1000

Tdiclub vendor registration does not remove your responsibility of due diligence. Always check people out and get to know them or evaluate their business model and behaviors. I personally think all of our currently registered and pending-registration vendors are awesome because they are working hard and have a professionlized presence on Tdi club. But always always always buyer beware!

Tdiclub CAN NOT and will not warrant, intervene, arbitrate in any fashion. Our vendor registration process only proves that there is a live human being on the other end of the phone, that they are responsive to contact attempts, and that they have jumped through the hoop of submitting a one-page FAX application.

However, I find daily several members who are either hawking parts from a junkyard, or are reselling parts from the VW dealership they work at through the personal items FS list here. It does our registered vendors and YOU the buying/selling public, a disservice to allow these stealth vendors here. Everyone's got to play by the same rules, or there's no point to having any rule, is there?

This thread's purpose is to rate individual people as buyers and sellers, but did drift onto this topic. This thread's purpose is to rate individual people as buyers and sellers.

Here are my summarized thoughts on unregistered 'stealth' vendors and how they hurt the community.

Okay, we should get back to rating buyers and sellers :)

-Moderator.

Last edited:

SandbaggerOne

TDI
Purchased from: DieselDoug
Date of Transaction: January 2013
Comments: Purchased a KEY-USB VCDS cable. Very quick shipment and cable as expected. Thanks.

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
Excellent Buyer - williamgd2

Just now looking at this thread...

I sold: OEM Portos wheel & tire set to williamgd2
Date: ~March 2012
Experience: Superior
Details: I will note that TDIClub member williamgd2 is a complete gentleman and a pleasure to meet. And, a frequent provider of good quality feedback in this thread. Thank you, williamgd2 for an excellent selling experience. It was an honor to meet you sir, I wish you all the best.
Cheers, GR

Also bought a set of VW oem 17in wheels with mounted great tires from tdi club member GRANITEROOSTER Very positive purchase Great wheels with great tires. Nice Guy

Last edited:

Seismik

TDI
2001 Jetta & 96 Passat
seller: 96tdiuser
purchased: '96 Passat TDI
date: January 2013
The transaction went very smoothly, and he was accomodating to our needs to meeting an out of state vehicle purchase. Excellent seller.

Crankous

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GL 5speed w/Panzer FMJ, 2005 B5.5 passat auto, 2000 Golf 4 door 5 speed
Purchased from: AeroTDIclub
Date of Transaction: January
Comments: I purchased an 11mm injector pump from him. Very nice guy to talk with. I received the pump and it looks like USPS may have dropped the box. He was very quick to send over all of the information needed to process a claim if needed, he sent the box insured, signature confirmation. Overall great experience dealing with him. Thanks again Aero!!

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
'97 Passat x2
Purchased from: uturn
Date of Transaction: 1.22.13
Comments: I purchased 2 LCAs, a light switch and a windowlet from Lorne off a B4. Parts were exceedingly well packed, in great condition and removed from vehicle in a craftsman like manner.... I'm happy.

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
Purchased from: AThreeTDI
Date of Transaction: 1.28.13
Comments: Purchased an EGR valve from Joe, great price and fast shipping.