• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

Buyer/seller feedback thread

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
By request, here is a thread to give your feedback, good or not so good, for buyers and sellers alike. If you have any unresolved issues with a buyer or seller, take it privately amongst yourselves first. Abuse of this thread by unsubstantiated accusations and personal attacks will be dealt with accordingly.

Recommended format (copy and add your info by overwriting the blue text):

I <BOUGHT / SOLD> <from / to> : <member name>
Date of Transaction: <YYYY/MM/DD - if unsure of exact date, give an estimate>
Comments:
<Please keep brief, relevant and to the point. Remember, no personal attacks, and consider the glass house principle.>

Edit Update 2014-11-24. If possible, please include the link to the classified ad thread for which you are leaving your feedback.

Last edited:

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
I Loganbmx4gt bought a passenger side glass mirror replacement from Dieselherb1
Date of Transaction: 2011/07/10
Comments: Paid for it Sunday and received it on Thursday. It was packaged nicely and it looks great. Wouldn't hesitate buying from him again! A++

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Info: I bought a set of 'sprint 520' nozzles from MiksTDI
Date of Transaction: 3/29/09
Comments: Nozzles advertised as used Bosio Sprint 520's. Purchased and installed (balanced by 3rd party). Removed and inspected by 4th party who confirmed they were Chinese knock offs. Matthew was notified of the error and refused to refund money.

will add other transactions after I find the threads.

CGDoig

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta GLS MKIV
I bought from Blizzard60
Date of Transaction: 2011/07/16
Comments:
We had agreed that he would ship the items to me even though his thread stated he wouldn't ship. Things fell through, hard item to box up and he was very prompt to inform me of the decision. We agreed to meet out of his way while I was passing through the city. Met up for a smooth transaction with said parts exactly as described. Would do business again any day.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
I bought from CGDoig
Date of Transaction: July 2011
Comments: Bought a unused dogbone mount. Everything went perfectly smoothly, would do business again (I think that's what i usually write for eBay....)

spitdi

TDI
2002 Golf
I bought from: GotEuroCorrado
Comments: Bought a 5 spd swap from GotEuroCorrado. He was very knowledgeable and helpful during the entire process. I would buy again, but hopefully won't have too :)...now to key this thing on...

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Date of Transaction: 10 June 2011
Comments: Bought a set of used injectors and installed R520's on them. Had him jump through a couple loops but he was still very helpful. Thanks Roman!

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
I bought from Nash_TDI.
Date of Transaction: -
2011/07/22
Comments: Bought a used 1Z intake manifold, received it and it lookes great. Responded when asked a question everytime, thanks!

RUQWKNF27

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI 5SP BEETLE
I bought from GUY187
Date of Transaction JULY 19th 2011
FEEDBACK NEGATIVE
Comments This guy totally deceived me and misrepresented the injectors he was selling and would not refund my money. They were suppost to be Bosio 520's but were actually Bosch 502's

DasTeknoViking

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 TDi, A4 R32
I bought from : Karaboichev
Purchased on : July 2011
Experience : positive
Purchased : manifold and GT2052 turbo arrived fast and in great shape as described, Would deal again !

derewaj

TDI
2002 Jetta 5 speed, 2002 Jetta was auto - now 5-speed
I bought from: lojoman16
Comments: Bought a MK4 Jetta rear disappearing cupholder. Fast shipper - would do business again. A++++++++

MedicMatthew

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
I MedicMatthew bought an OEM iPod Adapter from : SRUChris
Date of Transaction: 2011/07/28
Comments:
Super quick to ship, item was received as described and before I even expected it to arrive. Very pleased!

bungy42

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
I bought from : GotEuroCorrado
Date of Transaction: July 1, 2011
Comments: I purchased a quantity adjuster for my ALH engine. It arrived as promised, and seems to be working fine so far.

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
Crunchtime A+

I bought from: crunchtime2k
Date of Transaction: August 15
Comments: I ended up buying Mike's Metalnerd ALH tools. Great communication, fast shipping, well packed. Would definately recommend.:)

Carl (3turboz)

OlyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Golf
I bought a Yakima roof rack from 2002TDI http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=324983&highlight=yakima
Date of Transaction: July 27th, 2011

Comments: Purchased this for $130. Stated it would be shipped the next night (see ad). Then when he actually priced shipping he told me a week later to send more money or he'd give a refund (which I wish I had done). He didn't ship for two weeks and only after I'd paid more for it than he advertised shipped. Received it around the 16th of Aug. Condition is pitiful. Rusted out towers and hardware, pads all will have to be replaced, bars with splits and rust in numerous places. Fairing is usable. Basically, I paid $140 for usable clips and fairing, and useable but beatup bars. Buyer beware. He did offer refund when jacking the price and he did respond to all pms albeit sometimes a day or two later.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
I bought from: badgwag
Date of Transaction: September 2, 2011
Comments:
Bought a set of Blizzaks with "3K miles" on them. Paid for them and then he emails me stating the exact same thing that shipping is $20 more per tire but he'll split the additional cost at $40 for each of us. I've already paid for the tires and he claimed to have shipped them already so I paid him the additional funds, begrudgingly. What shows up? Two tires with 10/32nds and two tires with 4/32nds - so the last two are at 25% of their tread, in other words junk. I ask him to refund me 50% 12 days ago and nothing. I've opened a dispute with paypal. Do not buy from this fellow- NOT TRUSTWORTHY. 1st time getting burned by a veteran on this forum. BUYER BEWARE

charlevoixboy

TDI
Currently TDI-less
I bought a shiftbox and cables from ed mocz on 2011/10/27
Comments: Crazy fast shipping, great communication, great packaging. Wouldn't hesitate to do business with again. A+ seller!

rt_hawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI S-Line
I BOUGHT from: memphis tdi
Date of Transaction: 10-28-11
Comments: shipped it fast, helped resolve a paypal issue so he could get my money and I could get my item... which I appreciated.

Strykeviper

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS 5 speed swap, 2002 Jetta Wagon, 2015 Passat SEL, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen
I bought a 5 speed swap kit from couttsdesign
Date: 11/22/2011
Comments: Everything was exactly as described. Noticed a switch was missed and notified and it is being sent to me. Would buy from again :)

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Date of Transaction: September 2, 2011
Comments:
Bought a set of Blizzaks with "3K miles" on them. Paid for them and then he emails me stating the exact same thing that shipping is $20 more per tire but he'll split the additional cost at $40 for each of us. I've already paid for the tires and he claimed to have shipped them already so I paid him the additional funds, begrudgingly. What shows up? Two tires with 10/32nds and two tires with 4/32nds - so the last two are at 25% of their tread, in other words junk. I ask him to refund me 50% 12 days ago and nothing. I've opened a dispute with paypal. Do not buy from this fellow- NOT TRUSTWORTHY. 1st time getting burned by a veteran on this forum. BUYER BEWARE
Agree with above.

Date of Transaction: October - mid-February of 2011
Comments: The transaction involving one item started in late September 2010 and continued until at least mid-February via PM. I feel certain we continued to discuss the issue via e-mail. Communication wasn't up to par. Part of a transaction was delayed and when it come, it was not what I requested. I had requested a banjo pressure fitting on the ALH power steering pump. The item was discussed in all those PMs. I finally got the bolt that holds it on. I did get a skimpy partial refund. Also, one item did not work (clutch switch) but I was pleased to get the connectors with pig-tail and never pursued any further!

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
I Tarbe bought a 2012 Touareg TDI from Chris Farnham at Langhorne VW.
Date of Transaction: Dec 27, 2012
Comments: I would buy from Chris again in a heartbeat. Only surprises were positive surprises. I can't say enough good about this whole transaction.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I bought from: WAKeele
Date of Transaction: received item January 5, 2012
Comments: I purchased a used EGR for an ALH engine. Description was exactly as he described, fair price and shipped quick!

Thanks for a smooth transaction!

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Date of Transaction: received item January 6, 2012
Comments: I purchased a battery top fuse box with wiring over to the Alt and AC. Item was as described! Thanks!

ColorBlind

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
I purchased from krousej on 1-1-12. I bought several different items. I revceived the items the same week I sent him the money. Fast service and products were exactually as described.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I bought from: jbleu101
Date of Transaction: received item January 12, 2012
Comments: I purchased a copy of the January 2012 issue of Diesel World which featured the 2011 TDI Fest in Lextington, Kentucky. Thanks Jay! There is a photo of me and the wife on Page 128. THANKS very MUCH!

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
I bought from: slow-moe
Date of Transaction: January, 2012
Comments: Bought a turbo from slowmoe - it is as described, box was a bit destroyed, but its ok, he had put over an inch of bubblewrap!

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
I bought from: zunivw
Date of Transaction: January, 13 2012
Feedback: Positive, 3 out of 5 stars, (two stars removed for fudge).
Comments: Purchased an ALH cylinder head, communication was ok, but could have been better, not all questions answered. Packing was not the best as exhaust studs punctured box, one bent. Would purchase from him again though.

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
I bought from: Milage King
Date of Transaction: January, 19 2012
Comments: Very quick, honored first hit on Rosten rods, box arrived 1/23.
Excellent experience, recommend in the future.