GOOD TDI Mechanic in the DFW Area

Diesel-Dan1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Im in MO and my Car and wife are in Dallas(Coppell), TX. I have done about all i can think of over the phone with my best friend to cure this hard/no start issue we are having but its still happening. I am pretty sure i could figure it out if i was down there...but i cant due to time and work. SO i have to swallow my pride and see if there is someone that can offer me any assistance that knows these cars. Open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Dan

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Try a guy here named mtbr297. He is a mechanic and has done some work for people in the DFW area. People have liked his work.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Yes, UserID "MTBR297" here is a Master Mechanic...

Perhaps "Alphaseinor" would also have time to help out...

Yuri.

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
I have time tonight, from the description, it sounds like a fueling issue... I can scan it with the VAG-COM and see if there is anything else while I'm in there...

From your previous posts, it looks like you might have a bad seal somewhere... I have quite a few gaskets, o rings, and misc things to help fix the problem...

Last edited:

Diesel-Dan1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Brian called me like 5 mins after my PM to him. AND he was at the car less then 2 hrs......great help......turns out the timing had sliped and was retarted.....

Thanks for the help Brian......looks like you get to help me out with a timing belt install.....i guess ill get the next on in 100K! haha.......

etextdi

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta
Diesel-Dan1.Good that your wife's car decided to act up in Texas.Might have taken 2 1/2 hours in another state!;)

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
Diesel-Dan1 I recieved your message, sorry I wasn't able to help you sooner. I have been working and helping my dad out.

Diesel-Dan1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
mtbr297 said:
Diesel-Dan1 I recieved your message, sorry I wasn't able to help you sooner. I have been working and helping my dad out.
Hey, no worries....both of you guys came highly recommended....

Diesel-Dan1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Man....11 years ago! Now I consider myself an expert on these cars! haha....not much I haven't touched!

Thanks Brian for your write up on the 5 speed swap. Did one on the new car earlier this year. Got it done with zero issues.

I like how simple these things are to work on once you figure out how them Germans think! haha....