saw this 09 Q7 TDI for sale...

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
It didn't sell because the car spent most of its life in Canada. Its way too risky to purchase it with intention of doing BuyBack because no one knows if Audi (VW) will accept it.

opsx

TDI
tdi
It didn't sell because the car spent most of its life in Canada. Its way too risky to purchase it with intention of doing BuyBack because no one knows if Audi (VW) will accept it.
Thats why? The guy told me he had tons of interest in it and was going to sell it locally. Why wouldnt it qualify for the buyback? The VIN is US based - I think that's all that matters? It should be fine... but buying a TDI from an individual for a buyback never works because the second they get 50 emails they start doing some research and realize what they have :)

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
Thats why? The guy told me he had tons of interest in it and was going to sell it locally. Why wouldnt it qualify for the buyback? The VIN is US based - I think that's all that matters? It should be fine... but buying a TDI from an individual for a buyback never works because the second they get 50 emails they start doing some research and realize what they have :)
That’s what he told me as well. But no one bid $26k which tells me no one wants to risk it.

Of course per settlement it should be fine, but are you willing to make a $26K bet? I am not.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Plus if it was buyback eligible why wouldn’t the seller take that route himself? I would assume that it’s already been rejected.

opsx

TDI
tdi
I dunno, I think it was just a clueless seller honestly. He said something about selling it for his father in law or something. I see no valid reason why it would be rejected... and, even if it was, it's still got a pretty decent street value. He had a ton of interest in it so I'm assuming he was able to sell it locally.

TDIforDays: Since when are you scared of taking a chance on some shady TDIs? ;) Can't win if you don't play!

Anyway... eBay/Craigslist/private seller cars are always a disaster. Too many inquiries > buyer gets suspicious > starts googling > figures out whats going on > the end.
Still, fun to try I guess!