• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

Buyer/seller feedback thread

mtn-wagon

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Bought glow plugs from danielhf
Date: 4/30/18
Comments: Arrived quickly, wrapped securely and in excellent condition. Pleasure to do business with.

Bought EGR cooler and pipes from coalminer16
Date: 5/2/18
Comments: Arrived quickly and in good condition. Thanks very much.

Last edited:

xjfish

TDI
01 Golf
Quick feedback for a couple members: (I'm sure you already have plenty of good feedback, but it can't hurt.)

Votblindub: Good guy, tried to help me out. Had an issue with used kinda mystery parts, not sellers fault and he took care of it in a fair manner and then some. Thank You again.
SandbaggerOne: Just received your bug EGR cooler. It looks better/cleaner than expected. No hassle, expect 0 issues. Well packaged and shipped quick. Thank you!

Bradjetta

TDI
2006 Jetta
2009 2.0 TDI engine for sale

Hello, I have a 2009 Jetta 2.0 engine with 100,000 miles with wiring harness and computer, wiring harness has been altered but is all there. I used the Transmission in my 2006 and have engine left. asking $1000 for it located in Richmond Va
Bradbowling@yahoo.com or call 804-337-9643

Leuzinger

TDI
2015 TDI SEL
I place this ad on Dec. 1 and would like the title to be bold and add a location. Help.

FOR SALE 2015 VW Golf TDI SEL, 4 door hatchback

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
I place this ad on Dec. 1 and would like the title to be bold and add a location. Help.
FOR SALE 2015 VW Golf TDI SEL, 4 door hatchback
Wrong section. There's a for sale section for vehicles. This is just feedback. Maybe the mods can move it for you.
Also, list more things and add pictures in the ad.

Matt2409

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen
For anyone looking to replace a failed RCD-510 radio for way cheaper than going to a dealer, I will echo others on here and say BarryT82 is great to work with. Made the process smooth and easy, with lots of options and great communication.

WildChild80

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 2000 Jetta TDI 2000 New Beetle TDI ALL 5 speeds
Dillinger1 has stuff for sale and when you say you want it he waits a day to tell you it's sold.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Smokin' Dually

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
I bought from: Volk14
Date of Transaction: 5/10/19
Comments: A couple of oil cooler spindles. Good price, shipped fast, Thanks!

Last edited:

dieseltdi

TDI
soon to be 82 Vanagon TDI
Was looking for some AHU injection lines, a new member, Julius Clack suggested I contact David Martin (davidmartin15345@gmail.com) who is here in Texas where I am. I have not been able to verify if he is a TDI club member, but I believe the the Julius Clack persona may actually be him. Anyway, we settled on the price for the lines, then he came back and wanted $100 more for "shipping". I refused and told him we had agreed on a price and I paid him (NEVER, NEVER use CASH APP, you have been warned) Eventually I agreed to pay him $30 for shipping. Now he refuses to return emails and I am out $150 and no way to recover it. If any one knows this guy or has information to his actual whereabouts, please contact me at dieseltdi@verizon.net. Thanks.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
I recently purchased a DMF, etc., from Prairie Chicken ....... smooth transaction via PayPal.

werdna

Veteran Member
An obscure corner of northeastern Massachusetts
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon, 2013 Touareg Sport, 2015 GSW
I bought a pair of Mk4 rear wiper motors from Lex4TDI4Life.

Great communication, fair price, no hassles. Would happily deal again!

PS: I guess I've never posted in this thread before. I bought an IP from Dankcorey22 a decade ago. That went smoothly too!

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
Bought a stage two (allegedly) sbc clutch from 97caron. It came and looked like it had been quite rusty, then was wire brushed to make it look halfway nice. It didn't look extremely worn or anything, just rusty. Then I went to install it, and found that the bolts he sent with it were the wrong ones. I had to get other bolts. I then realized that he's only on the classifieds, selling parts. Which makes me think that he's a junk yard or something like that. According to the rules here, that would be considered stealth vending?
I would say it would be a mixed review, buyer beware...

Last edited:

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
Bought a clutch and pet barrier from club member Torman last month. No complaints on the clutch , i used it for my 5 speed swap and that saved me over 150 bucks. Pet barrier came with wrong brackets for the car and he provided a partial refund. Buy from him with confidence

Last edited:

Uberragend

TDI
'02 Golf 2Dr 5M Indigo blue, '03 Golf 2Dr 5M Candy white
Bought a BRM intake manifold for a project car from maken03 (Mike).
All his communications were prompt and direct, good clear pic and description of the part, and he packed it well and shipped it expeditiously.
I would not hesitate to do business with him again.
Thanks very much Mike!
George

Uberragend

TDI
'02 Golf 2Dr 5M Indigo blue, '03 Golf 2Dr 5M Candy white
Bought a tool set from Williambill.
Communication was outstanding, the entire transaction was smooth and easy.
Thanks very much Will!

42itus

TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon TDI, '06 New Beetle, '13 Passat TDI SE
Sold a VCDS Pro HexNet Wifi/USB Unl VIN and a Garrett VNT15/17 for ALH, and a Pierburg N75 for ALH
Buyer is user super1 who was patient with the whole process while I worked out how to make it happen.

I appreciate the insight provided by RexNICO about his prior buying/selling and his experience with super1. Personal anecdotes count a lot.

I acknowledge the contributions of the other users and appreciate all the useful things I learned over the years on these forums at tdiclub. It helped me take good care of my cars.

I shipped it all this morning. Y'all have fun.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Bought a stage two (allegedly) sbc clutch from 97caron. It came and looked like it had been quite rusty, then was wire brushed to make it look halfway nice. It didn't look extremely worn or anything, just rusty. Then I went to install it, and found that the bolts he sent with it were the wrong ones. I had to get other bolts. I then realized that he's only on the classifieds, selling parts. Which makes me think that he's a junk yard or something like that. According to the rules here, that would be considered stealth vending?
I would say it would be a mixed review, buyer beware...

Please report stealth vending right away. Club members deserve to know what kind of entity they are engaging in transactions with.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Item: A4 Jetta Wagon Eibach PRO-KIT Springs
Seller: DRP67207
Buyer: JDSwan87
Comments: Seller was excellent through entire transaction. Quick shipping, up front about everything. Couldn't have asked for a smoother transaction.

Duafacia

TDI
MK3 Jetta
I purchased multiple AHU Jetta parts from ToddA1.
Date of Transaction: 8/20/2021
Comments: Responsive, knowledgeable and incredibly helpful. Parts were quickly packed and shipped. Would highly recommend.

akal65

TDI
B4
I have been scammed by a person claiming to be Sam Wade and was told about him by MikeRodg who told me he had bought parts from Sam that were excellent quality , now I realise I was being set up for the scam . I have filed a complaint with Paypal but I would warn anyone that if you ask to buy any particular part you may be setup by an other who has scanned the posts and will offer the part then rip you off.

akal65

TDI
B4
I have been scammed by a person claiming to be Sam Wade and was told about him by @MikeRodg who told me he had bought parts from Sam that were excellent quality , now I realise I was being set up for the scam . I have filed a complaint with Paypal but I would warn anyone that if you ask to buy any particular part you may be setup by an other who has scanned the posts and will offer the part then rip you off.

Reactions: pjn

Mozambiquer

TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I have been scammed by a person claiming to be Sam Wade and was told about him by @MikeRodg who told me he had bought parts from Sam that were excellent quality , now I realise I was being set up for the scam . I have filed a complaint with Paypal but I would warn anyone that if you ask to buy any particular part you may be setup by an other who has scanned the posts and will offer the part then rip you off.
Report him
Beware of any people saying that this or that person who is not on the club has what you're looking for.

Mozambiquer

TDI
Reactions: MVP

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Also, be suspicious of someone that joined the club three or four weeks ago and have no activity other than selling! You can hoover your cursor over their name and see lots of info about them.

pjn

TDI
MK4 golf
I also was tried to be scammed by this account and I reported it by clicking on the report button.