Wiring diagrams

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I think it is labeled as 'comfort system' or something.

Another thing to think about when troubleshooting electrics on modern cars is the data bus designs. Much of these systems nowadays are not merely using voltages, but information as well.

This is again why a complete system diagram in the right hands is best. How else could you figure out a shorted BEAN* bus on a Toyota going to the dome light would cause the trunk keyless to not work? :p

Body Electronics Area Network (a Toyota term).

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Brian, did you see post 15? It is very incomplete, but it would show all of the circuits on each fuse.

There are also all of the connections in the harnesses that are called out, so possibly something could be done with those.

I'm glad that you are smart enough to be comfortable with that diagram, but for following a circuit, this dog of little brain needs somehting else.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Well, like I said, no need to reinvent the wheel. I think if you are smart enough to make your own diagram from scratch, logic says you are smart enough to read the one that has already been provided to you. ;)

I look at what you are attempting, and see something akin to a 1981 Fairmont. :p

Volkswagen already has an EXCELLENT TSB regarding power drains, with a very easy to use matrix for plugging in measured voltage drops and fuse specs. No need to play with disconnecting anything or all that nonsense. Which is good, because CAN systems go to sleep and wake up when you do things like open doors, trunks, etc.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
And maybe I have additional reasons for tackling this? Reasons that won't be shared here.

pmflynn211

TDI
2009 jetta tdi
does anybody know what the computer looking box is under the passenger seat in my 09 tdi jetta sedan..you see the car was driven through some 18 inch water pudle and water got in the car about three inches deep on the floor boards..the water soaked this component under the passenger seat.the car was left for a while the battery went dead ....the push button on the key still opens the car door but the key seems to do nothing and the car shifter will not move from park....please any help would be great...pmflynn211( a helpless dad )

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Dear Helpless Dad,

Not the right place for this question. Maybe you can find that information in your own thread.

Signed,
WD