Once a month GTG/dinner/drinks in Minneapolis area

progolfer_20

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
Anybody in the Minneapolis area interested in a GTG/Dinner/Drinks about once a month? There are clubs in the Washington D.C. area that do this and it works for them, so why not give it a try out here? I know of several of us around here and can always recruit more. I think it would be beneficial and fun for us to hang out. My woman is nagging me to invite wives/girl friends as well. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leseid

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Toureg TDI
My wife and I might make it sometime. Let me know when/where.

progolfer_20

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
FINALLY SOME POSTS! I have been waiting and waiting for somebody to post on here. I live down in Burnsville (south of the cities). Where is everybody located? What is everybodies best time to meet? I work M-F 7am-4pm. Is the weekend good for people? Once the sun decides to stay out we can meet during the evening weekdays maybe.

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
Well, you may see me. You may not see me. It all depends whether I am doing a timing belt change or not. I live in Maple Grove. Do not worry about it. If I miss one there is another. BTW, I think we should start by quarterly instead of monthly.

billmn

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW stock:Totaled 2000 black Golf gls 315K : retired
I'm up in Brooklyn Park. Weekends usualy work good for me/us assuming we can get a sitter. I have a standing date every Saturday morning so that would not be a good time for me.

Bill

progolfer_20

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
When does everybody want to get together? Should we wait until all this snow melts and warm up in the 50s? Might be near the end of march then.

mjbach

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Golf
Well I checked with my man and he thinks that getting together for dinner with TDIers sounds like good conversation to him. For us, it would have to be Saturday or Sunday nights though. We live in Apple Valley and would think about hosting another GTG in the spring after the mudhole yard dries up.

tango_28

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 JSW(sold 2011) , 2009 JSW RIP 1-5-2013, 2011 JSW
Saturday mornings would out great for me, I would wait until it gets in to 50's for working on cars.

Leseid

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Toureg TDI
With enough notice, we can be there just about anytime. My wife travels a lot so it may just be ugly old me /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lupin..the..3rd

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat B4 1996
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody in the Minneapolis area interested in a GTG/Dinner/Drinks about once a month? There are clubs in the Washington D.C. area that do this and it works for them, so why not give it a try out here? I know of several of us around here and can always recruit more. I think it would be beneficial and fun for us to hang out. My woman is nagging me to invite wives/girl friends as well. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the Wash DC area. I've not heard of these GTG's that you speak of. Where can I find out more info??

snoopis

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI, 5spd
[ QUOTE ]

I'm in the Wash DC area. I've not heard of these GTG's that you speak of. Where can I find out more info??

[/ QUOTE ]

They usually post information about these in the Meetings/GTG/Regional Discussions>>East Coast section. I don't recall seeing any recently, but I think that's probably due to weather, and people catching up after holidays and stuff. If you look back a month or so, you can see how they plan them and stuff. I've never been to one of these because I'm a little too far away, but it sounds like they just start planning a week or so in advance, get an idea of how many people are coming, and make reservations somewhere close to public transportation or free/cheap parking and gtg for lunch on a Monday or Friday. I have met quite a few of them on weekend gtg though, and they're a great bunch of TDIers. If you can make it to a couple of these(probably will be more once it starts to warm up), you'll meet some great people!

DeafBug

TDI
2001 NB
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody in the Minneapolis area interested in a GTG/Dinner/Drinks about once a month? There are clubs in the Washington D.C. area that do this and it works for them, so why not give it a try out here? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to pick bones or anything... I know the Michigan TDIers have their own private GTGs. Someone has a list of all emails for those interested. Like a chapter of some sort. They hold more GTGs than what is posted in the annual one at the Barn.

It be nice if MN had one, just a event held once a quarter for all those who own TDI's. We can include the border states. I know many members here came once and that's it. Never heard them post again. We can dig up the old posts and try our luck with the emails in their profile to invite them. Kinda how one needs to maintain a list of emails. It be nice if there was a website for it. Just to get together and find out who knows what to repair your issues. Then plan on it at your own time. I don't really get to meet people as I am busy doing timing belts. It be nice to get to know others and build some sort of networking.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
My wife will never come to one of these but I will. Most evenings work though it is a crap shoot. Weekends are pretty booked but hey I would have to see.

Given the distribution as I see it so far would say somewhere dead center in the Mpls/Saint Paul area is the best fit. Quite a few people seem to want to drive my car. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

goro

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI GLS, Arrow Silver
Count me in! I see enough rattlers running around the city, I'd be glad to meet some of you. Someone should think of four or five places and put it up for a vote, then do the same with a few dates. At the first GTG, we can figure out when to do it again. My two cents.

Great idea Progolfer!

progolfer_20

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
Maybe we can start this at the end of march or or beginning of April. But that would be getting too close to the other GTG when Garrett is coming to town. We could start the monthly after the 24th of April GTG. Any ideas?

bb7

Great idea, progolfer. (I haven't purchased a TDi yet, but as soon as I do, I'd be happy to get involved.)

By the way, any of you in the Twin Cities area run biodiesel? Is there a convenient place to get it?

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Maybe later this summer, Curious (if he wants) and I could host a GTG up in St. Cloud. The draw for your non-TDI loving sig others would be the beautiful Munsinger gardens that are here.

If you took it slow on Highway 10, it'd be a two gallons round trip.

Sam

progolfer_20

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
Saturday 1pm at Joe Sensers looks good, I'll try to make it up there. I sent everybody an email to let them know about it. See you all there.

billmn

Veteran Member
TDI
Shoot, Saturday at 1:00 doesn't work for me, I am getting my new summer tires mounted up in Eden Prairie /images/graemlins/mad.gif I might be able to stop by after, then we can all get out our jacks and swap out the tires /images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Does anyone want to email me with a cell phone # so I could call when the tires are done and see if the GTG is still going on?

Bill

progolfer_20

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
maybe we can meet on sunday instead, there are three people that might not be able to make it on saturday. Will this work better.

My cell number is 612-207-4462

DeafBug

TDI
2001 NB
[ QUOTE ]
Joe Sensers in Roseville on a Saturday, how does this work for everyone? 1 P.M.

[/ QUOTE ]

He suggested A Saturday, not this Saturday.

At least he has a time and place, all we need is a date. Then we are all set to go.

billmn

Veteran Member
TDI
Well this Sunday I know that VolkSport is having a GTG in InverGrove Heights too. So this sunday might not work well for some.

Bill

progolfer_20

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
Where is that volksport GTG at? I might end up stopping by there, what time does it start? As for this weekend I have recieved quite a few emails about people that can't make it so maybe we should try some other time. Maybe we should try to have a two week notice, I think we should start this once a month GTG after the April 24th GTG at Coaches.