Attn: ATLANTA TDI Members

REVOSPEED

TDI
jetta
Tech Tusdays at Ringtec

Every other Tuesday or so at Ringtec Atlanta there is Tech nite from 6-9. Small projects, maint., repairs going on while hangin' with Audi/VW folks. We usually get wings or pizza or you can grill out a steak if you want to!

Coming up is a group 'oil test'. There is an oil kit for 29.00 that you send off a small container of oil for analysis. Its a fun way to check what is going on inside yer motor(soot analysis is important for TDI's):eek: We will send off twenty kits-let me know if you would like to get in on this.

dervatl

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Grey
Just found this thread tonight. I live in Smyrna, not very far from Jim Ellis. I'd be interested in a get-together myself. I have a grey 09 Sportwagen TDI. I'm pretty easy to spot, as there is usually a dog crate in the back. This is probably my 5th VW diesel. I started out way back in 1979 with a 40 hp rabbit.

About 3 yrs ago I had a Passat TDI PD. I'm liking the Sportwagen better. I'm really pleased with this car. I've had it a year, but only have 7K miles on it. I live only 4 miles from work, so I don't get to drive much. On the weekend, I'm usually in my RV at a dog show. Occasionally, I help out with a dog rescue/transport from NC or SC to AL. I really enjoy taking the wagen on these trips. It's very comfortable and the mileage is great (especially compared to the Caterpillar in the RV). I don't know if the meet-up was held at Fat Mats today or not. But, I'd be up for the next one.

Darryl

Last edited:

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
Hey Derv,
I think it was a little short notice on the meet up, But I am shooting to get something together with Richard55 for September. Details to be posted soon! See you around town, Are you going up to G2G?
SDD

dervatl

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Grey
Thanks SDD for the reply! I'll certainly try to make it in September if at all possible. Just let me know the date/location. Sept and Oct are ususally my busiest "get around" months. I'll be there as long as I'm not out of town.

I hadn't planned on going to the TDI fest. Timing/distance not good for me this year. Look forward to meeting you guys!

Derv

SilverDieselDemon said:
Hey Derv,
I think it was a little short notice on the meet up, But I am shooting to get something together with Richard55 for September. Details to be posted soon! See you around town, Are you going up to G2G?
SDD

Marinel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
SilverDieselDemon said:
There is one in Asheville coming up, Maybe we could get a convoy: ATL to Ash, I think I might have a C.W. McCall tape around here with my CB. :D
If there's going to be a convoy from ATL count me in.

MichelleRoze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle
Can't believe there are so many of us so close together! I bet we see each other all the time and don't even notice it. lol I'm hoping to go to the Asheville GTG. I went this spring and it was GREAT! I'll have to see what I can do about getting the time off, but if there is a caravan up there, I'm in!

floyd r turbo

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Glad to see Atl TDI'ers coming "out of the closet" so to speak. I'm Victor in Cumming in a blue '03 wagon. I'll keep an eye out for "dbent". I also have an '03 sedan with broken t-belt. Whaa :mad:. Hope we can get something together here without having to go to Asheville just to burn $$$ for a hotel. Rather see those $$$ go towards performance parts.

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
There are somethings in the works for a local Low Key meet and greet. ;) I am still looking for some Ideas on where to meet, I am tring to let other member decide if it is a food based location( I am Vegetarian) and more times than not what I like is not so for others. Those going to Ash for the 10th, here is the Convoy/ Caravan list as of today, Pm or comment so I can add you.:cool:

IconicBlonde
SilverDieselDemon
MichelleRoze
Marinel
mrchaotica
ATLSilverTDI

Last edited:

poppadoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat & jetta wagons
SilverDieselDemon thanks for the offer I was wrong about the fuel filter it was the alternator belt so I had it towed to Steve Langly VW in Austell.

mcH

Veteran Member
TDI
None, currently
poppadoc said:
Any mechanic close to Dallas to do an oil and oil & fuel filter change?

Hi Poppadoc -- probably closest to your is Troy in Canton.

Close is a relative term.

poppadoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat & jetta wagons
Troy was my first choice, he worked on my car before and he warned me that if I didn't get a certain part for my alternator I would have the same problem again. Momma always said "a hard head will make a soft butt" the car was running so good I forgot about it(senior moment)

2005 passat wagon tdi 105,000 miles
2005 jetta wagon tdi 37,000 miles
1997 gmc savana van cov. 88,000 miles

edjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDi,
Dallas Tech

poppadoc said:
Any mechanic close to Dallas to do an oil and oil & fuel filter change?
Dave Schileventz
770-519-4803
Dave does BMW repair. Licensed A/C Tech. He is in your area. He should be able to do your filter and oil with no problem. Very reasonable. If you can bring him your oil and filter, always helpful. Tell him Ed suggested you call him.

Roger Feldt
678-907-4221
Newnann area. Very reliable.

mrchaotica

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 New Beetle
I saw this thread a couple weeks ago, but forgot to post in it! :eek:

My name's Jack and I'm a recent GA Tech grad (looking for a job in civil engineering or computer science, if you have any leads).
My girlfriend and I live in northwest Atlanta near I-75 and Howell Mill road (our apartment is at the extreme southwest edge of Buckhead).
I drive a matte black '98 Beetle:

By the way, I'm up for a "meet and greet" and I'll join the Asheville convoy (unless I decide to drive up the day before for mountain biking and camping, an idea I got from this post).

ATLSilverTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Special Edition Jetta - Silver
Hello all, just saw this post.
My name is John, I drive a 2006.5 Silver Jetta. I have an RC1+, but otherwise all stock. I am an IT Technical Consultant, currently seeking employment in IT field or IT sales, (hardware and software). (anyone have leads PM me)

I live in NW Atlanta... for those that don't know where that is, near Vinings and Smyrna. I frequent 285, 400, city and 75 NW area as well as N Druid and Clairmont.

I would be interested in a local GTG, and the caravan to Asheville. I also would like to in the near future meet the respected mechanics in the area, i need a DSG transmission flush/fill, maybe oil cahnges if i don't start doing them myself, and I have what i believe is a MAF issue, P2195.
I know most of the folks that go to Ricahrd's GTG so hello to all thee good people.

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
Hey Gents I will add you to the list shortly. It is great to know you are all here and interested in getting to know one another. As promised details pending on a TDI g2g here local:D. The Convoy is growing...

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
I haven't really been around for the last few years but I still drive a 1998 Bright Blue NB... I'll keep an eye on this thread and see if I'm in town for the GTG..

Cheers,

Gary M

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
Excuse my absence, Family medical stuff. As to the drive up on the 10th what time is everyone thinking on meeting up? And a meet up location vote? Mines- Northside Dr.@ Tiffany's? :p

ecotdi

TDI
2001 Jetta GLS TDI
Bill, from Snellville, Ga. I travel Georgia and Eastern TN, selling surgical and diagnostic equipment to Ear, Nose and Throat Docs, and Dentists who do surgery. I'm usually driving my other office, aka a silver '01 Jetta GLS. I like to take the long way home from TN via Deal's Gap ( www.killboy.com, click highlights ) whenever possible. Otherwise, I'm usually moving up and down 75 towards Valdosta,or I 20 to Augusta.

01 Jetta GLS/TDI
96 Volvo 850 Wagon
89 Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon ( 5.0/HO V8 )