Rebuilt 02J transmission - where to buy?

TDI_YWG

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI, '03 Golf GL TDI, '01 T4 California Exclusive, '00 T4 Multivan "Atlantis"
My '03 Golf's 02J.EGR's diff is toast. It appears to me that there are two sources for rebuilt 02Js. Bora and vwtransaxles. Does anyone have opinions on either?

How about a source for good rebuilt ones in Canada? I can not seem to find any. Shipping to the border and driving down to pick up is not a big deal but definitely more of a pain in the butt than shipped to my door.

Have any Canadians bought a rebuilt tranny from the US? What did you have to pay at the border?

Thanks!
Scotty

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Frans? Sounds like a good deal. I'll be contacting him. Thank you.

Last edited:

gibbswrecker

TDI
04 jetta TDI
help me out here is the o2j the automatic and if so is it same trans as in my 04 jetta tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Def need the tdi engine code as 1st is taller and so is 5 compared to the gaser. Thanks Indigo I'll look at them also. I'm leaning towards Frans and for 465 shipped and he has an excellent track record.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
What are the TDI codes for the ALH transmission? Is the BEW transmission the same but with slightly taller gears? If so I would want one of them.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
EGR is one code I know for ALH 02Js. There are a couple others. The BEW transmission's gearing is the same except for a very slightly taller 5th gear.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Frans has the bew ones. I had to buy one after finding my diff bearings were bad and sent metal to all the other bearings. Couldn't justify a rebuild at used cost. Maybe if doing a high hp it would be worth it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk