Maint. Experiences

ddorrer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Tdi, 2012 JSW Tdi DSG (Sold w/80k miles), 2010 Sportwagen TDI 6spd (Traded)
Just a couple of maint experiences:

1. Original oem tires lasted 49k miles. (2015GSW)
2. Did a fuel filter change without VagCom. Topped off filter housing with diesel additive and used OBDeleven to cycle fuel pumps. No issues.

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
Ive never used vag come for a fuel filter change since the first one I did. I just make sure the canister is full.

My 2011's brakes were NEVER replaced, and I have 70K on my 15 wagon, no brakes needed.

My GSW tires lasted 50K. Probably could have gotten more but I wanted new shoes for the winter.

EA288 sucks to change oil on. Why didnt they just leave the filter in the same place?

Forte

TDI
2015 Sport Wagen
The EA288 has a Filter Element right on top lol it doesn’t seem like much more work and I prefer that than laying on my back trying to ream off an old filter haha

No issues without using VAGCOM when changing fuel filter tho? I’m about to do mine soon and I’ll just top it off and run it like you did

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
The EA288 has a Filter Element right on top lol it doesn’t seem like much more work and I prefer that than laying on my back trying to ream off an old filter haha

No issues without using VAGCOM when changing fuel filter tho? I’m about to do mine soon and I’ll just top it off and run it like you did
On 2015, only filter element on top is the fuel and air filter, gotta get under the car for the oil filter.

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
On 2015, only filter element on top is the fuel and air filter, gotta get under the car for the oil filter.

This....

and that infernal *@#!$/ wire in the way