Stereo Controls/Volume

JohnWorks

TDI
2003TDI GL Mojave Beige
i have a 2003 TDI Golf, the volume on the stereo always lowers itself seconds after it's turned up loud, i've tried a few different settings and brought it to the dealer and they told me it's working fine, so now i drive along and if a good song comes on i have to drive while constantly turning up the volume control with one hand while driving.anyone else have this problem or a fix for it?
tks

weedeater

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta, 2001, Baltic Green
Nope.

does it turn all the way down, or just to a lower level?

Maybe it doesn't like your taste in music...

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
there's teh speed volume control....

hold the dolby button down (cassette player)...then use the seek knob to adjust...when finish press the dolby button again

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
John,

You might also want to try (re)setting your volume setting for when you turn on your stereo. On my '98, you hold the seek button down until you hear a beep. Then set the volume to your preferred setting and then hit the seek button again to lock it in.

Reinitializing this may overcome this other, wierd, behavior.

Good luck

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
John,

You might also want to try (re)setting your volume setting for when you turn on your stereo. On my '98, you hold the seek button down until you hear a beep. Then set the volume to your preferred setting and then hit the seek button again to lock it in.

Reinitializing this may overcome this other, wierd, behavior.

Good luck
The turn-on volume setting went away in 2002 when the double-din Monsson head units came in.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
That's a shame.

It must be the case that I always find at least one song that I like well enough to turn up loud everytime I listen to the stereo. I know this because I was recently in a rental (Ford Focus) for a couple of weeks which did not have this feature and it seemed like I was always being blasted when I first turned on the radio!

Ahhh, the features we get so quickly used to....