96 Passat Fuel Injection pump is leaking

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
leaky pump

There seems to be some misunderstanding in my approach to solving leaky injection pump by using J-B Weld compound. One may say the seals or gaskets are cheap so why have the leaking joints/cracks sealed permanently. The seals may be cheap. But the labor cost, whether done by self or shop, is expensive especially if the pump needs to be removed. Besides there is no assurance that the leak will stop because of improper installation or surface wrap. As I have mentioned on other sites, transmission shops patch broken/cracked housing in this manner. Besides, J-B manufacturer mention its use for such purposes. Your desire is to see leak stop. So it should not matter how but whether it could be stoped easily and cheaply. Give it a try and if not happy with the outcome, go for the alternatives. There is nothing much to loose except for the cost of J-B and few minutes.;)

Last edited:

SeanP

TDI
96 Passat
JB weld

That's funny. I've actually used diesel fuel to clean out JB Weld. It softened it up enough so I could scrape it right out. I wonder how biodiesel effects it?