Passenger door latch and wiring replaced....still shows open when closed

mikeb95

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 TDI pkg. 2, DSG white/beige
Okay....been having an issue of my battery dying out in the morning or hard to crank. The issue what I determined what the passenger door latch becoming "open", alarm going off and then draining battery. Well I replaced the door latch and the door wiring harness (2 separate events). Well I did a test this morning, hooked up battery and was hoping that the door wouldn't show open. Well I hooked up battery, locked car and then roughly 2 hours later, the alarm went off. I ran out to the car and the dash showed the passenger door open although it was closed. WHAT AM I MISSING???? aren't those the other items that would cause a door to show open on the dash? The wiring is genuine, the door latch....the first one was an ebay special but then I bought an OEM version.....the OEM seemed better than the ebay one but the issue persists. Thanks in advance.

Brett San Diego

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta wagon manual
I guess my first question is have you confidently isolated the issue to that door? The indicator in my car doesn't tell you which door is ajar. Strange that it took 2 hours for it to register the door open. That makes me think it's a dodgy connection farther upstream than where you already worked. If it were my car I might seek to disconnect and reconnect a few times all connectors from the door to the lock module to clean the contacts. And, maybe the fault is inside the lock module itself.

Brett