P2007 Intake Manifold Runner Control

RusticGrain

TDI
'14 Passat TDI Highline
Hey all, did a quick search but didn’t find so apologize if it has been asked. My 14 Passat has been kicking up check engine, code is P2007, Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed Bank 2. Intake and exhaust manifold is covered under the extended warranty but VW dealership won’t say if the runner is covered until I bring it in to get it diagnosed. Just curious if anyone else has had this code and did you have any luck with coverage on it? Obviously need to get it fixed either way but money’s tight at the moment, getting ready for a move so don’t want to deal with the cost of it myself at the moment if I can avoid it. Thanks

rhinorear

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW
Man are you in luck. Went through this exact thing last week. On the stock intake manifold (im) the actuator for the runner is exposed on the driver's side. A couple of times after the engine was shut off I would hear it straining to open or close, don't know which. Any how shortly after it threw that code and I took it to the dealer and not only did I get the problem resolved it was done so with a brand new improved im. And yes it was covered under warranty. The new im has the mechanism now enclosed and is bright and shiny.

RusticGrain

TDI
'14 Passat TDI Highline
We'll finally got in to look at it. They replaced a few pieces in the DEF system and it's still on over the last couple weeks. They're telling me the motor on a cooling fan is sticking so if the light comes back on it's probably that causing it. Seems odd to me that my code reader would be kicking up p2007 code for a cooling fan sticking. Not really up for replacing a $600 (my cost through work) fan if it's not really a fix for my code.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
If you are not using a VAG-specific scan tool you are not getting all the information.

Since your CKRA has no bank 2, it cannot have an intake manifold runner control for it.... get a proper scan tool, or be at the mercy of someone who has.

RusticGrain

TDI
'14 Passat TDI Highline
Yea I was wondering if my cheap scan tool might not be so accurate with the VW system, it just seemed odd to me it would throw an intake related code if it was a cooling fan issue, after the dealership had been chasing issues in the ad blue and fuel delivery systems. Guess I'll see if I can track down a VAG specific scan tool soon. Thanks

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Just FYI, the generic stuff misses and throws out nonsense on pretty much every brand of car. They all have their own proprietary things.