Chrysler Diesel Cheat?

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Having read some of the underlying documentation, this appears to be an "undeclared AECD" issue as opposed to an "intentional cheat" issue.
And, one important difference is that FCA is being given the chance to explain themselves, because of that.

Not declaring AECDs is in and of itself illegal, but it's potentially far less illegal than what VW did.

DrgRnnr

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta
now that i look at it, i'm not finding a configuration with 2wd. odd... that i had that set up before.
I have seen the Tradesman in 2wd ecodiesel. There is actually 2 for sale locally. It appears they do come in 4 door 2wd Tradesman as well.

Texas-Rebel

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI
Consumers that trust in what the EPA says are mere lemmings.. You trust the EPA in what it claims is deceptive software on emissions reporting, but you hear absolutely nothing in regards to Geo-Engineering Chemtrails..

Human caused Climate Change is a myth...

sy552

TDI
15 Passat SEL , 15 Jetta SEL
The Jeep diesel engines are the ones developed in Europe by GM Motori, a company owned partly by GM and Fiat. These are 3.0 L engines.

It is VM Motori . GM does not own any stake in this company. Fiat is the sole owner.

tenacious84

TDI
'13 Passat SEL
"And unlike in the VW settlement, the terms under discussion between Fiat Chrysler and the U.S. don’t include a requirement to buy back any vehicles."

I would take this to mean, restitution highly unlikely.

Motodude

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 q7tdi. 2012 q7tdi
But an earlier article I read said they were already in discussion about restitution for owners, that there lawyers already admitted they were going to have to give restitution to owners.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
"And unlike in the VW settlement, the terms under discussion between Fiat Chrysler and the U.S. don’t include a requirement to buy back any vehicles."

I would take this to mean, restitution highly unlikely.
Just means they won't have to buy back cars. Could absolutely see something like the 3.0L settlement (fix payments) occurring. The payments both atone for the illegal emissions and act as an incentive to have vehicles repaired.