Plowing

tobydtoby

Can anyone tell me what modifications I need to do to my car to give it a slight oversteer rather than understeer?
It's a 98 Jetta, stock suspension.
I'm thinking lowering and doing something with rear sway bar?

Why does VW make the cars understeer?
You can't tell me its safer than oversteer -- I find it's much easier to correct for oversteer than understeer.

If I wanted to plow, I'd buy a tractor!

WindWagen

Veteran Member
better tires,
stiffer rear sway bar,
disconnect front bar....but you will get lot's of body roll

In general, understeer is safer for inexperience drivers.

CalgaryB5

Can anyone tell me what modifications I need to do to my car to give it a slight oversteer rather than understeer?
It's a 98 Jetta, stock suspension.
I'm thinking lowering and doing something with rear sway bar?

Why does VW make the cars understeer?
You can't tell me its safer than oversteer -- I find it's much easier to correct for oversteer than understeer.

If I wanted to plow, I'd buy a tractor!
The rear springs are softer on the A3. For you type of driving, you need a higher spring rate for the rear then it will get what you need.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Hi,

I have the Shine Racing Service system on my 1998 Jetta. It's wonderful. If you don't want to lower it, just get the Shine rear sway bar. Visit my site and read about my car for more details. In here, I'll say that the car is perfectly neutral: It understeers SLIGHTLY when floored and oversteers SLIGHTLY when off-pedal.

Good Luck,

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
I you want a ride in a car with the shine setup, give me an email. I work just east of the scudders falls bridge in nj, right near princeton. I highly reccomend the shine setup if your not into lowering.