www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+)

VW Passat Family (NMS and B7) TDIs (2012+) Discussion area for the 2012+ Passat TDI (North American and rest of world versions versions). The North American model was previously codenamed NMS (New Midsize Sedan) and the version the rest of the world gets is sometimes referred to as B7.

Old September 23rd, 2018, 08:49   #106
Jetta_Pilot
Veteran Member

Location: West Hill, Ont. Mexico mid October 2018 to end of April 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by 750HMF View Post
So just out of curiosity, did the Malone tune also take a few hundred miles to “wake up” like others have mentioned about the kerma tune? Sorry for all the questions.

The Malone tune Stage 2 is wide awake from the start ! Doesn't need to "wake up"!
Old Yesterday, 11:24   #107
Owain@malonetuning

^

Both tunes were within 10lb-ft on the dynapack last time we had one in and neither had much room for more power based on EGTs, ours performed as advertised. 1/4 mile is the real test since all dynos read differently.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38   #108
750HMF

Ok thanks guys, I was just reading about how the kerma tune took a while to “wake up”. Just wanted to see if that was a common thing for tunes.

So what kind of a power difference is there between Malone stage 2 with stock hardware and stage 2 deleted emission system?
750HMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:12   #109
Owain@malonetuning

For a 8-12 second dyno pull? about 8-12whp/~15wtq. For track use or sustained hard driving it would be more than that, since you would be heatsoaking the turbo with the DPF intact and run into the EGT limiter on the track, the ecu will automatically reduce power to keep temps in line.

It'd be possible to create a bunch of smoke and get a bit more power with deletes to make it a one trick pony dyno tune, but EGTs would be excessive for high speed aggressive use. Tunes should work everywhere and account for all kinds of driving.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 14:39   #110
750HMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owain@malonetuning View Post
For a 8-12 second dyno pull? about 8-12whp/~15wtq. For track use or sustained hard driving it would be more than that, since you would be heatsoaking the turbo with the DPF intact and run into the EGT limiter on the track, the ecu will automatically reduce power to keep temps in line.

It'd be possible to create a bunch of smoke and get a bit more power with deletes to make it a one trick pony dyno tune, but EGTs would be excessive for high speed aggressive use. Tunes should work everywhere and account for all kinds of driving.

Ok, I’ll keep stock hardware then when I go to tune car. Just thought I would ask if there was some sort of crazy power difference between delete/stock exhaust Before I do it. Thanks for info
750HMF is online now   Reply With Quote