Tire rotation time

sands80

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT SEL
I have the original tires - Bridgestone Potenza RE97AS on the car and I would like to rotate them. Can anyone confirm that they are non-directional (asymmetrical)- so I can cross rotate? I looked on the tire but I couldn't find any arrows or markings that would indicate that they need to be put on a certain side of the car. Couldn't find anything on the bridgestone site either.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Thankfully they are not directional.

What I do (and recommend) is a modified cross rotation: rears to fronts on same side, fronts crossed to rears on opposite side. That way, the tires will get moved to all four positions over their lifetime.

I have seen more tires than most (under cars every day), and that seems to be the best all around regimen. That is also why I hate directional tires, because you cannot cross rotate, and then you eventually get the inside edge scalloping and there is nothing you can do for it short of busting the tires of the rims and flipping them.

sands80

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6MT SEL
Thanks about the information on the tires and thats exactly how I was planning on moving them.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
BTW directional tires are explicitly stamped with the information right on the sidewall, read the entire sidewall and if you don't see anything you're good to go.

Only ones I've owned have been snow tires.