2002 Golf GLS TDI, 5 speed, 171k, Blue w/ Beige, Arlington MA - $5,888 obo

pocomo

SOLD! and thanks for all the fish!
I am the original owner of this well-loved Golf. It is in excellent condition, with service records (probably incomplete, but all the major ones). I am hesitant to let it go but my wife and I agreed we should have something more up to date for our teenagers to get started driving.
In March 2014 at 156K it underwent an extensive mechanical refurbishment at mrchill's shop (Kraftewerke in Braintree MA). For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting him, Chris is a perfectionist with the talent to back it up. He replaced the TB (2nd time), clutch, flywheel, turbo (brand new VNT-15), camshaft & followers (Colt Stage 2), nozzles (PPlus 520), glow plugs, all suspension bushings, accessory belt, pulleys & water pump and performed a stage 1 reflash/tune. It runs/drives excellent with great usable power. Mileage around town is ~ 37 and on road trips I can still hit 47 - 50 at 70 mph.
The only issues are a broken lid hinge on the center armrest (cover just lifts off), a non-OEM black-cased passenger side mirror (power control works) and the plastic fader knob on the Monsoon stereo is busted internally and is only there for cosmetics (control shaft still works). The body is good with 5 small dings on the sides (door impacts I think); paint is good but leading edge and lower valence show normal wear for 12 years.
Pictures and CarFax available on cars.com listing: http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/630314964/overview/
I'm asking $5,888 obo. I will be donating 5% of the proceeds to TDI Club to say thanks to Fred for so much enjoyable reading over the years.

Last edited:

pocomo

Just received a deposit from a forum member to hold the car until 3/20 while he figures out logistics for a cross-country deal. I'll update this listing when this potential sale works out (one way or the other).

Thanks Fred!