You will receive a notice when Phase 2 of the emissions modification is
available for your vehicle. You should expect to receive this notice
before June 30, 2019.

If your vehicle has accumulated fewer than
40,000 miles (for automatic transmissions) or 70,000 miles (for
manual transmissions) at the time of your Phase 2 update, your car will
need to have the Diesel Oxidation Catalyst replaced a second time,
before it reaches 150,000 miles. We will notify you when it is time to
bring your car in for the second catalyst replacement.

These updates will be made available at no cost to you starting in early
2018. A complimentary loaner vehicle will be available for the duration
of this modification, which is expected to take approximately 9 hours.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
The ignore list is good, but is there any way to automatically ignore threads by ignored users?

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
The ignore list is good, but is there any way to automatically ignore [B]threads[/B] by ignored users?
..... I have been on your ignore list for 'bout a year -- correct?

..... first you read the author of the thread in question.

..... and do not open.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I don't understand the point of this thread. This has been known since the Gen 3 partial fix was announced.
The first paragraph is-was new to me. The part about VW having until June 2019 for phase 2

In my case that means (if I get the fix) I may have to wait up to 19 more months, for the last 1/3 -- $2,233.

And if I care to sell it in the mean time, I do not get the $2,233 at all.

New owner gets it? (the $2,233)?

My plan was to get phase 1 and phase 2 as close together as possible. If I did the fix. Then I would be free to drive on.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The ignore list is good, but is there any way to automatically ignore threads by ignored users?
I know exactly where you're coming from. But this ship of fools has plenty of room for all sorts of characters. Kindness is a virtue- if you catch my drift.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
HAHAHAHA! I put this guy on my ignore list as well. But unfortunately forum still shows me his threads and the fact that he posts. At least I dont have to look at terrible formatting and bold text anymore

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
The first paragraph is-was new to me. The part about VW having until June 2019 for phase 2

In my case that means (if I get the fix) I may have to wait up to 19 more months, for the last 1/3 -- $2,233.

And if I care to sell it in the mean time, I do not get the $2,233 at all.

New owner gets it? (the $2,233)?

My plan was to get phase 1 and phase 2 as close together as possible. If I did the fix. Then I would be free to drive on.
New owner (in US) gets 1/3rd of restitution after Phase 2 fix is completed only if the car was not originally involved with a previous owner VW buyback (where restitution was already paid). If a previous owner had VW buyback their 2015 TDI, then 100% of the vehicle restitution was already paid out of the previous owner - there is no more VW restitution money on the table for a new owner.

Based way to know is to submit your new 2015 TDI purchase for the fix on the portal and see if you are actually eligible for a restitution payment - only way to know for sure.

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Or if you "are" the original owner.
Yes, that is true. I assumed 2015vwgolfdiesel is a new owner of a previously owned 2015 TDI, by how I interpreted “if I get the fix” (meaning he didn’t do the Phase 1), and he was only inquiring about Phase 2. My assumption certainly could be in error.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes, that is true. I assumed 2015vwgolfdiesel is a new owner of a previously owned 2015 TDI, by how I interpreted “if I get the fix” (meaning he didn’t do the Phase 1), and he was only inquiring about Phase 2. My assumption certainly could be in error.
I am the original owner. Bought it July 15 (?) 2015.

Have both options open to me. The fix - both halves and the buy BB

The BB is a clean way to go. The 2 step fix on GEN 3 is a mess. Particularly now that I understand it my be as late as half way through 2019 until I can get my paws on the last $2,233 (1/3)

With the BB there is good money to get a new car, and pay down a chunk on the wilf's 2015 Toyota RAV4 LIMITED. I just do not want to wait until 2019 for the last of the VW funds.

.............One other scary possible situation. I do the fix and collect 2/3 $4,422 ~~~ next day I wrap the ol' girl around a tree:eek:

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
I am the original owner. Bought it July 15 (?) 2015.

Have both options open to me. The fix - both halves and the buy BB

The BB is a clean way to go. The 2 step fix on GEN 3 is a mess. Particularly now that I understand it my be as late as half way through 2019 until I can get my paws on the last $2,233 (1/3)

With the BB there is good money to get a new car, and pay down a chunk on the wilf's 2015 Toyota RAV4 LIMITED. I just do not want to wait until 2019 for the last of the VW funds.

.............One other scary possible situation. I do the fix and collect 2/3 $4,422 ~~~ next day I wrap the ol' girl around a tree:eek:
OK, got it. So you haven't made any choices yet, and both are open to you. If you want to get as much money out of the situation as soon as possible, you should do the buy back now. Just note that the fix for a 2015 is not messy, and is the least involved of any of the 2.0L TDI engines, and will have little if any impact on performance/economy. And you get a nice warranty extension after completing each of the phases. So if you want a long-term use of the car with likely little cost (the extended warranty is quite nice on these 2015 models), then get your Phase 1 fix now and get some cash and wait as long as you can on Phase 2 (to get as much warranty extension as possible). I sense you are heavily leaning towards buy back, which has the best cash value you will ever get on the car quickly though. And that is a good choice too. But I don't think for those that prefer to continue running their diesels, the fix on a 2015 has any negative financial impact at all, given the long extended warranty on the items that would have the highest normal cost of repairs.

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
OK, got it. So you haven't made any choices yet, and both are open to you. If you want to get as much money out of the situation as soon as possible, you should do the buy back now. Just note that the fix for a 2015 is not messy, and is the least involved of any of the 2.0L TDI engines, and will have little if any impact on performance/economy. And you get a nice warranty extension after completing each of the phases. So if you want a long-term use of the car with likely little cost (the extended warranty is quite nice on these 2015 models), then get your Phase 1 fix now and get some cash and wait as long as you can on Phase 2 (to get as much warranty extension as possible). I sense you are heavily leaning towards buy back, which has the best cash value you will ever get on the car quickly though. And that is a good choice too. But I don't think for those that prefer to continue running their diesels, the fix on a 2015 has any negative financial impact at all, given the long extended warranty on the items that would have the highest normal cost of repairs.
+1
Beyond that...
Wait too long to make a choice and with a 2015 you will have a warrenty "gap" of sorts...
Heck, just had a glow plug changed for free on mine with 45,600 miles while I waited when dropped by the dealer to make an appointment for a light that appeared the day before...worked out great...had lunch...car got fixed, only had maybe 30 extra minutes to wait after I was done. Part is now a updated and should last longer....
The OP needs to stop being paralyzed by fear and make a choice...
He has been debating what to do publicly for many months...and now stands to loose $$$ by waiting if he is in a warrenty gap....
HONESTLY, just pick...