Belt tensioner bouncing after replacing

ejoskf

TDI
1.9 tdi passat 2004
Hey guys. I've got Passat 2004 1.9 TDI PD and tensioner for alternator and power steering failed. I've replaced it with both new belts. I've noticed new tensioner is bouncing 2-3mm on idle. Any suggestions please? I have checked alternator clutch pulley it is free spin in opposite directions and locked at direction of engine spin. Could it be that's on the way out or anything else that could cause it?
Thank you

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

ejoskf

TDI
1.9 tdi passat 2004
Updated. I've tried to replace alternator pulley how's could not get it off no matter how hard I've tried even alternator off the car and impact gun it was solid. I was confident that is the problem as alternator pulley had a wobble. I've replaced the entire alternator and the problem is still there. Pulley vibrating a bit about 1-3mm on idle. I'm starting to think that that's normal now. Only thing that's original there is power steering pump and fan. Any ideas?? 85 000 miles 2004 Passat.

Thanks

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
"Normal" is kinda in the eye of the beholder, but there are some pretty good eyes on this forum, so if you post a quick cellphone video I bet folks will be able to spot if you're ok or not. :)

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
ejoskf

This is the wrong thread for car problems.
You'd get better and faster results posting this in the appropriate forum thread.i.e
The B5 Passat thread.

ejoskf

TDI
1.9 tdi passat 2004
Thanks I've posted to B5 Passat. I've asked mechanic and he said that's normal for tensioner to vibrate up and down when engine running.