Choices- 2014 CPO 23900 9800miles or 2015 new

dewats

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015 TDI SE DSG
They are both TDI SE with DSG.

I like the new motor changes in the 2015 and that it is brand new. Everything else is equal and the difference is 60 a month.

2014 = 444
2015 = 503.

Payments aren't an issue either way.

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG Comfortline+Sport Pkg
Nether, I would go with a brand new 2014. The 2015 is the first year of a new generation engine.

dewats

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015 TDI SE DSG
Thanks for the reply. There are no more new 2014 in my area.
It is a tough decision.
The 2014 is at 2.29% vs .9% for the 2015. Both at 60 months. The 2015 is a little quieter and I get to the break-in. The 2014 was purchased in June then turned in in November with 9600 on the ODO.
Thinking and leaning toward the 2015 for the new engine changes and that it doesn't already have nearly 10K miles. Which I understand is not many miles for a TDI.
I hope I don't regret this since it is new like the 2004 PD and oil chain issues.

ABS

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT
Although I maybe paranoid, as I was burned once with a new model "lemon" (not VW), I tend to stay away from first year model changes, so I would also tend to look for a new 14. Besides, you can negotiate great pricing on last years model now. Dealers will typically insource a TDI across state lines if your a committed buyer. There are still a few 2014's in this neck of the woods, so If you expand your search range to several hundred miles into Cali, Arizona, Utah, etc. you might find something...

Cheers,

dewats

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015 TDI SE DSG
I did the out of area search when I bought the 04 Passat by going to Houston. Actually I went to San Diego to sell the 03 A4 with 520 nozzles, then flew to Houston for the B 5 variant over a Memorail Day weekend. That was fun. Loved that car. 42 MPG and a Rocket Chip tune. Sad thing I have discovered is that if any manufacturer is on their game new stuff happens every year. There are always bugs and small fixes that are improved upon. It could be electrical or mechanical. I am willing to take my chances. I picked up the 2015 TDI SE DSG w/sunroof and mats fo 27.5K and look forward to what ever 700 or 800 mile tanks I can coax out of it.
Glad to be back in a TDI. It has been a while.

Herkguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 passat SE sun/nav
Congrats, I think that's a solid choice. Only the eng is new, the rest is proven and had the bugs worked out. The engine, unlike the 12-14, is used across the vw lineup here, so there should be a lot of support and much more info.

Did you drive both? Just curious on how much quieter the engine is.

dewats

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2015 TDI SE DSG
Thank you all. The car is great and the engine/DSG is much smoother than my old 04 PD Passat. Much roomier than expected and I do like the fact that the engine is used across the line instead of only a single model like back in 04.