Imported TDI's and 'dieselgate'

Airbus320

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I had called at the end of last week and they said the hold up is US customs. Apparently they have issue in bringing cars into the country that do not abide by their emissions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

norcorider

TDI
2013 Passat TDI (Buyback completed Dec 21st)
I had called at the end of last week and they said the hold up is US customs. Apparently they have issue in bringing cars into the country that do not abide by their emissions.

Thank you for the update. Check engine light got lit in my dashboard today. I wish the buy back happens soon before I incur expensive repairs.

turbowhistle

TDI
2011 JSW Pano White Corn Silk Beige 6MT

That was the information I was given as well.

INowHateVW

TDI
2012 Jetta
Has anyone received any updates as of yet? I spoke with Class Counsel this week, and was told that the team handling the Canadian registered vehicles (option 8 when you call the US VW Claims team) should be providing me with further instruction on processing my claim. I have only been told that they have no update for me at this time, and are unable to provide me with a date or time frame of proposed resolution.

My documents were re-submitted under a new login May 27th, 2017 (approximately 18 business days ago... not like I'm counting). I was told to create a second profile since the first one I created was marked as ineligible due to my Canadian registration (this was prior to the inclusion of Canadian registered vehicles as part of the US settlement).

I'm having a hard time accepting that no one can provide me with any updates or proposed timelines. I feel that VW has publicly stated that these cars are now being included to 'save face', but in actuality nothing has changed.

SoapShoeS

TDI
Jetta Sportwagen
Vw did not have a choice to include our car. It's been decide by a Court order. So yeah our car will be include. It's just a matter of time.

Last edited:

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Add me to the starting to get frustrated pile. Submitted the claim well over a month ago now. I thought they were required to process claims in a timely manner?

INowHateVW

TDI
2012 Jetta
I agree with you andrewface - everything I see online instructs that they are to review documents and provide a "timely response" if any of the documents submitted cannot be approved as submitted. By their definition, this should be done within 10 business days. I'm confused as to how this has been allowed to go on for so long? How is it that Canadians are now being held to a second set of standards... Not to grandstand on the subject, but isn't that by definition discrimination? (Rise up, fellow Canadians!).

norcorider

TDI
I am one of those paying the price due to this delay. NOx sensor of my 2013 Passat TDI went kaput, which both VWOA and VWOC refused to fix under extended warranty I have and I am on the hook for 1100$ in repairs.
It is ridiculous RicePoint cannot provide us the with ETA on when the issue will be resolved with US customs.

Last edited:

mhatthew

TDI
2010 Audi A3 Sportback
I'm with you all. I'm moving from Ontario to BC in August, and we're driving, so while I'll save money on gas over any replacement vehicle, I'll also be adding 4500km to my odometer if this doesn't get resolved before then.

norcorider

TDI
I am one of those paying the price due to this delay. NOx sensor of my 2013 Passat TDI went kaput, which both VWOA and VWOC refused to fix under extended warranty I have and I am on the hook for 1100$ in repairs.
Update*- VW Canada agreed to fix it in warranty as a goodwill gesture.
Kudos to Oakville VW for constant followups with VWOA and VWOC and have them work it out.

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
Happy Canada Day Message

Here is an update for those of us in limbo, I have first hand information from highly reliable sources that confirm much of what has been rumoured here in this thread, namely each individual vehicle owner will be dealt with on a case by case basis, with consideration given to that individuals circumstances. Using a combination of starting a claim electronically on the VWoA site, and manual input from VWoC staff. This will allow discrepancies in our information (Registration, Title, and Ownership etc.) to be massaged into the U.S. Settlement. Further there will be no requirement to return the vehicle a U.S. dealership. We will be able to return our vehicles to a Canadian dealership of our choosing. The other stipulations of the U.S. Settlement will apply, including mileage figures, dollar values and payment in U.S. funds. I haven’t got much more information to share at this time. I understand that there may be questions but the information I have only pertains to my circumstances and others obviously will have different ones, to which I cannot speak. Rest assured that the wheels are turning and we will all be made whole again soon.

Last edited:

Airbus320

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Here is an update for those of us in limbo, I have first hand information from highly reliable sources that confirm much of what has been rumoured here in this thread, namely each individual vehicle owner will be dealt with on a case by case basis, with consideration given to that individuals circumstances. Using a combination of starting a claim electronically on the VWoA site, and manual input from VWoC staff. This will allow discrepancies in our information (Registration, Title, and Ownership etc.) to be massaged into the U.S. Settlement. Further there will be no requirement to return the vehicle a U.S. dealership. We will be able to return our vehicles to a Canadian dealership of our choosing. The other stipulations of the U.S. Settlement will apply, including mileage figures, dollar values and payment in U.S. funds. I haven’t got much more information to share at this time. I understand that there may be questions but the information I have only pertains to my circumstances and others obviously will have different ones, to which I cannot speak. Rest assured that the wheels are turning and we will all be made whole again soon.

Thanks for the update, getting to drop it off without a long drive and customs crossing would be great, less chance of a breakdown.

One question I have is what would VWoC have to manually input that I have not given to VWoA, could you expand on that?

Thanks

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
Thanks for the update, getting to drop it off without a long drive and customs crossing would be great, less chance of a breakdown.

One question I have is what would VWoC have to manually input that I have not given to VWoA, could you expand on that?

Thanks

It is my understanding that due to the unique circumstances regarding our "cross border" situation that we will be liaising with VWoC throughout this process, they have no access to our VWoA accounts, therefore any information that may be required from us will have to be "manually input" to satisfy the documentation requirements and discrepancies between the two countries or any other issues that may arise. As stated the information i obtained was specific to my particular situation e.g. Buyback, no loan outstanding, stuck on step15.

norcorider

TDI
It is my understanding that due to the unique circumstances regarding our "cross border" situation that we will be liaising with VWoC throughout this process, they have no access to our VWoA accounts, therefore any information that may be required from us will have to be "manually input" to satisfy the documentation requirements and discrepancies between the two countries or any other issues that may arise. As stated the information i obtained was specific to my particular situation e.g. Buyback, no loan outstanding, stuck on step15.
Thanks for the update, Reactorface. Very promising news. My situation is same as yours I believe (quoted in bold) and I think applies to most of us interested in buyback as well, since loan had to be paid before we could import vehicle to Canada.

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
RicePaper reached out to me today.

I was contacted by a CSR from VWoA who explained to me that they were assigned to assist with the buy back of my vehicle. They required some information from me to help with the process since some of the information that I originally entered was invalid. Namely which dealership would I be returning my vehicle to, I had previously picked one in northern New York State since it would not acknowledge a Canadian dealership. They also wanted a correct mailing address and email address, as well as a preferred phone number I can be reached at. They will then contact the dealership of my choice and let me know when they have staff available at the dealership to process my vehicle return. I will then get an offer letter. Once the vehicle is confirmed returned to the dealership of my choice VWoA will mail me a cheque. I will then be whole again.:D

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
I was contacted by a CSR from VWoA who explained to me that they were assigned to assist with the buy back of my vehicle. They required some information from me to help with the process since some of the information that I originally entered was invalid. Namely which dealership would I be returning my vehicle to, I had previously picked one in northern New York State since it would not acknowledge a Canadian dealership. They also wanted a correct mailing address and email address, as well as a preferred phone number I can be reached at. They will then contact the dealership of my choice and let me know when they have staff available at the dealership to process my vehicle return. I will then get an offer letter. Once the vehicle is confirmed returned to the dealership of my choice VWoA will mail me a cheque. I will then be whole again.:D
This is good news! Did you do anything to speed up the process or did they just call you out of the blue? Hopefully this means the process will start rolling for the rest of us as well. Thanks for the update!

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
This is good news! Did you do anything to speed up the process or did they just call you out of the blue? Hopefully this means the process will start rolling for the rest of us as well. Thanks for the update!
I wrote an E-Mail to a high ranking official of VWoC outlining my situation and frustration with the current process. 20 days later i was contacted by someone from head office in Ajax.They wanted me to be a "test case" for our unique claim resolution situation. I accepted the challenge and have been working through it with them. I have given a brief,albeit vague,outline of the ongoing process in the previous couple of posts and will keep the updates coming as things develop. The aim is to take the lessons learned from this test case and apply them to the remaining cases helping to make things go smoother for others.

norcorider

TDI
I wrote an E-Mail to a high ranking official of VWoC outlining my situation and frustration with the current process. 20 days later i was contacted by someone from head office in Ajax.They wanted me to be a "test case" for our unique claim resolution situation. I accepted the challenge and have been working through it with them. I have given a brief,albeit vague,outline of the ongoing process in the previous couple of posts and will keep the updates coming as things develop. The aim is to take the lessons learned from this test case and apply them to the remaining cases helping to make things go smoother for others.
Hi Reactorface, how is the buyback of your vehicle proceeding? Any updates please?

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
Very nice. I really hope this gets the ball rolling. I just got my sticker renewal in the mail and it says I need an e-test LOL that makes a lot of sense. Hopefully I can get rid of the car before then.

Airbus320

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Very nice. I really hope this gets the ball rolling. I just got my sticker renewal in the mail and it says I need an e-test LOL that makes a lot of sense. Hopefully I can get rid of the car before then.

I just got mine too, I have till September, Im already keeping insurance on it to drive once a week to keep it from dying, I'll be dammed if I'm going to do an e-test.

We are also losing a crap ton of cash since the Canadian dollar is going up! It was 73c on the dollar back in May now 80c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benficais

TDI
jetta 2009
Great work so far Reactorface!!!

Let's hope now you've opened the gates for the rest of us and your transaction goes smoothly and we can all get our cars finally bought back from VW...

Reactorface

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 Technik
Reactorface what did you have to upload for certificate of Title?
here's what i did:

1.government issued ID for registered owner: scanned each side of drivers license. photo-shopped each onto one scan with both front and back on it.

2.government issued vehicle registration: scanned just the front of what we call our ownership/registration.

3.front of certificate of Title: scanned just the front of what we call our ownership/registration.

4.rear of certificate of Title: scanned just the back of what we call our ownership/registration.

Last edited:

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
here's what i did:

1.government issued ID for registered owner: scanned each side of drivers license. photo-shopped each onto one scan with both front and back on it.

2.government issued vehicle registration: scanned just the front of what we call our ownership/registration.

3.front of certificate of Title: scanned just the front of what we call our ownership/registration.

4.rear of certificate of Title: scanned just the back of what we call our ownership/registration.
Good. That's exactly what I have already provided. Was worried the title info was something other than the ownership.

andrewface

TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen
I just got mine too, I have till September, Im already keeping insurance on it to drive once a week to keep it from dying, I'll be dammed if I'm going to do an e-test.

We are also losing a crap ton of cash since the Canadian dollar is going up! It was 73c on the dollar back in May now 80c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Airbus - Sounds like you and I are having an identical experience down to the September birthday. I really don't want to spend anymore money on this car (insurance, e-test, oil changes, licensing, repairs etc etc etc).

benficais

TDI
jetta 2009
Airbus - Sounds like you and I are having an identical experience down to the September birthday. I really don't want to spend anymore money on this car (insurance, e-test, oil changes, licensing, repairs etc etc etc).
I had to spend over $1,000.00 to "TEMP" pass my e-test last Dec. Lets not get started on what else needs to get fixed or replaced.