2010 Sportwagen parking brake help

Mattnj

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagon
I have a 2010 Sportwagen tdi 6MT my parking brake was very tight and only working on one side. I live on a steep hill so I need to use the parking brake to hold the car. The other day I wanted warm up he car, I pulled the parking brake up and pressed the clutch did not hold pulled more, boom handle came all the way up and now I have no parking brake. I have a 110v outlet behind center console so access from the ash tray won’t work. What do I need to do to access the cables to repair.

FlatLander72

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
The inverter will need to be removed. Along with the rest of the center console. If you do not have the repair manual, I would recommend getting one. It is quite the jigsaw puzzle.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
You live on a hill with no curbs?

needsmoarturbo

TDI
2011 JSW
I have a 2010 Sportwagen tdi 6MT my parking brake was very tight and only working on one side. I live on a steep hill so I need to use the parking brake to hold the car. The other day I wanted warm up he car, I pulled the parking brake up and pressed the clutch did not hold pulled more, boom handle came all the way up and now I have no parking brake. I have a 110v outlet behind center console so access from the ash tray won’t work. What do I need to do to access the cables to repair.
you might want to look underneath before tearing the console apart and see if its borked under the car or near the rear wheels?

but if you do need to take the console apart, post #14 might give you some help
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=251826

Last edited:

Mattnj

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Sportwagon
Thanks for the replies! My driveway is a steep hill I can park on the street for now but I need to fix... I am going to get my brother to help tonight. I’ll get some pictures to help the next victim:)