Has anyone use Wheaton Service center in MD for a 40K Service with DSG change?

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
I have a while to go yet, but since I have seen some threads quoting the price of the 40K service and DSG fluid change it got me wondering if anyone has used Wheaton Service center to perform this service.

They are on the trusted mechanics list and I was thinking that I would have them potentially work on my car once the 3 years "Free" runs out.

Please share any experiences that you have had with them.

Cheers!

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
So I called and found that they were priced pretty close to the 40K cost at the dealer, and cannot do the DSG service as they dont have the equipment!

mdtdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta tdi "Blue Bob"
Anyone else used wheaton service center?

Tom in stafford then oliver but I am gettin interminnent elt noise just had tom do the belts

Had king vw look at it they said it was a midrange shaft wear there is play that is why there is noise

Called weaton service and they said that is
Very rare but guy there would not give up any estimates

Dunno if I want to drive all the way to stafford or baltimore

Am in gaithersburg so wheaton is closer but I need more info on these guys

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk HD

a1a2a4b5

TDI
2010 JSW, Blue Graphite Mettalic, Panoramic Sunroof, Cold Weather Package, 18" Black Khartoum wheels, Foglights installed
I've used Wheaton Service Center since 2000. Very trustworthy, thorough and honest. They are the reason I still drive VW's because I dont to have to find another honest shop.

I got the same response about them not having the DSG equipment yet. Hope they get it soon.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
What "DSG equipment" is needed to do a DSG service? A B7 40K service and DSG fluid change demonstration were done by Jason (compu_85) and Matt (Matt-89AHU) in the parking lot at this year's TDI Fest.