Price paid for new 2006 Jetta TDI

TDITimber

TDI
15 Passat TDI SEL
Just curious what everyone else paid for their new 2006 Jetta TDI. I live in the Midwest, near St Louis. Dealerships around here sell TDI's for 3k OVER MSRP. I have talked them down to MSRP. Is this a good price? I am getting an automatic with package 1

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Have you had an opportunity to check with the dealers in WI and PA?

eluwak

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp Pkg 2 Black/Anthracite
I paid $500 below MSRP but got a great deal on my trade which made up for it.

Bad_Actor

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Bought mine at the end of April from Suntrup in South St. Louis. I paid a little less than $500 below MSRP and even then they were selling as fast as they could them on the lot.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
Beginning of April 2006 paid $23,600 for a Jetta 2006 Pk2 leather manual 5-speed with Navigation ...every option on the entire list except of course DSG. Every option.

Brian

Windjammer

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 & Mk5
That's a killer price Brian.
I got my 2 at the end of May & early June. I paid almost sticker for each, but I was just glad to get them. I searched high & low for these & was just glad to get them. I could have saved some coin if I ordered, but I miss all the fuel savings in the mean time. Wife replaced a Durango.

Soul777Toast

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
I have one of the only two dealer bought '06 TDI's in the state of VT (dealer bought it at auction, then drove it until it had 8k miles on it and could be legally registered- damn emissions laws ;P), and I had to pay 23,700 for it. This is pkg 0, mind you.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
Windjammer said:
That's a killer price Brian.
:D White Elephant.

Try finding someone who'd buy a totally loaded Package-2 with every option in a manual is a tough one. If people want to buy loaded they usually are into the DSG gig. 5-speed Manuals loaded were ...sitting on the lots at that time. There were just a couple loaded 5-speeds on the east coast at that moment.

White Elephant.

Brian

Soul777Toast

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
man, I would have killed for a 5spd loaded pkg2. The limiting factor on options for me was monthly payments, and the pkg 0 was right at the top of my limit, otherwise I would have got the pkg 1 (the only other new tdi in the state ;P). Heated seats would have been REEEEALLY nice in VT winter....

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
Soul777Toast said:
man, I would have killed for a 5spd loaded pkg2. The limiting factor on options for me was monthly payments, and the pkg 0 was right at the top of my limit, otherwise I would have got the pkg 1 (the only other new tdi in the state ;P). Heated seats would have been REEEEALLY nice in VT winter....
You should have been around with the other 2 cars we bought from Chris in PA who's on this board. You wouldn't want to have been the salesperson in MA when I bought my 2002 Golf MKIV new either. I paid ...$700 under invoice for a loaded GLS back then too.:D I got 173,000 miles on it. It's got everything original including clutch. Only thing done to it was timing belts, brakes/brake fluides, oil changes and window clips.

Thank YOU! Chris of Volkswagen of Langhorne PA

DRbillZ

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, Jetta, one totaled Passat....RIP.
TDITimber said:
Just curious what everyone else paid for their new 2006 Jetta TDI. I live in the Midwest, near St Louis. Dealerships around here sell TDI's for 3k OVER MSRP. I have talked them down to MSRP. Is this a good price? I am getting an automatic with package 1
Are you ready?

$23,750 for a package 2 with a DSG!. PM and I'll tell you what dealer.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
Windjammer said:
That makes sense now. I thought you ordered it like that. I was definitely looking for a DSG, but for that price I'd be shifting.
Regretting the DSG big TIME!:(

Nothing beats that DSG tranny. It's a perfect match with RocketChip Stage1 Phase2. This 5-speed manual Jetta 2006 car was chipped 1,400 miles after purchased. Exactly 3 weeks after delivery. It's a great ride mind you but the DSG is so much more a complete car to drive. IMHO.

I have desires to dump the entire 5-speed tranny in this 2006 and install a 6-speed DRW manual still wrapped in shrink tape on a pallet from Oregon. Let me tell you though, the DSG manual-auto is absolutely the smoothest transmission on the market once chipped. Quick as a whip, never misses a blink and is always on top of your game no matter which hand is holding your morning coffee during the rush.

Can't write enough about the DSG and the RocketChip Stage1 Phase2 programming by Jeff.

:eek:

Brian

rugerp89ipsc

TDI
06 jetta
we paid sticker, but they did the interior/exterior protective coating for free and did a few other things. This was early june though. they had 3 autos, the other 2 were bought by the time i got back from the test drive.

artificer

TDI
2006 Jetta 5spd
rugerp89ipsc said:
we paid sticker, but they did the interior/exterior protective coating for free and did a few other things. This was early june though. they had 3 autos, the other 2 were bought by the time i got back from the test drive.
Which dealer? I paid sticker in early June as well. Northsea green pkg1. They had 4 cars total. 5spd's since the autos had gone the previous weekend. (bought on a Monday)

dakota650r

The DC Metro area during the week, Martinsburg and
TDI
2006 Jetta / Blue Graphite / 5 speed / pkg 1 / iPod adapter / Monster Mats / Gorilla Gear Trunk Liner / Mud flaps /Storage shelf with rubber insert - 1K0 857 921 C 1QB / VW Line In Jack (using audio inputs from the SAT radio for best quality sound
On Jun 06, 06, I paid $23,500 :D for my 2006 TDI Jetta, Blue Graphite, package 1 (with sirius), 5 speed manual trans (price includes the rubber mats, gorilla gear trunk liner and the splash guards) That was about $600 below MSRP. I live in Charleston WV and the dealer was in Columbus OH. But I didn't mind the drive. He was very knowledgable and helpful (unlike the sales guys at my local dealership). I feel lucky to have paid below MSRP and to have gotten the color and options that I wanted. (though sometimes I wish I got the DSG)
Roy

patrick7600

Hi
Paid 22650 for our new 2006 north sea green pkg 1 xm manual 5spd tdi with spoiler. MRSP was 24350, bought at the end of June 3rd last one the dealer had. It was hard work to get them down by that much but we did:D Think we did ok:cool: Cant figure out how to attach a picture of it!!

rugerp89ipsc

TDI
06 jetta
artificer said:
Which dealer? I paid sticker in early June as well. Northsea green pkg1. They had 4 cars total. 5spd's since the autos had gone the previous weekend. (bought on a Monday)
I bought mine friday I believe. Zimbrick on stoughon(sp? from TX)

They had 4 manuals left that i saw last time i was there. got pics of yours? I love this car.

Last edited:

KarlTrumpet

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
paid $300 over invoice from Lewisville (TX) VW. Nice people too, no b.s.. It was $22,7 for package 1 manual tranny, North Sea Green.

y2khardtop

I just pad $250 under sticker. I wanted a better deal, and was ready to buy another car instead, but we really liked the Jetta. The TDI's are really getting tight around here, and the color was what we wanted, so we went for it. At least they didn't put $1000 worth of mudflaps/pinstripes on it like the other dealers in the area!

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
RErway said:
Brian,

Re: the picture in your post. Is the armrest on the driver's door (only) a padded fabric material, or leather-like?
To tell you the truth, I will have to examine it closer. My interpretation of real leather in a Volkswagen is listed below. All other pieces are vinyl [leatherette].

Real Leather:
  • steering wheel
  • shift knob and boot
  • front and rear seat inner- inserts only
  • centre arm rest

RErway

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, DSG, Blue, Pkg.2, Spoiler
Brian,
My TDI Leather Pkg 2 has a NYLON PADDED material (looks like a duffel bag) as the driver's armrest - all other doors are leather-like.
Just looking at your picture, I thought yours might be similar.
Can you check? I didn't notice mine for weeks after delivery, and I wonder if mine might be mis-built.
Just wanted to know before I go *itching to the dealer....
Randy

Zedbra

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Even with the import taxes, I think I could have got a US model for cheaper.

Our Jetta TDI was $35,000 out the door. Our package groups in Canada are different, so ours is the Premium Leather Luxury Package with ESP and side curtain airbags. The price, before taxes, was $3000 below MSRP.