2007 Passat 2.0TDI P0473 code

Will27

TDI
'06 Golf TDI, '08 Caddy TDI, '13 Passat Alltrack
I have a 2007 2.0TDI Passat with a BMR engine (PD). Got the CEL on the way home from work. Had it scanned the next day, which showed a code P0473 - Exhaust Pressure sensor 'A' High Sporadic.

Before I took it in for a scan, I checked under the hood to see if there was anything obvious. I found the boost hose that attaches to the intake flap at the front of the engine had the clip upside down, the hose had come part way out and some oily mess has leaked out around the fitting (I had thought I heard an slight air gushing sound). I turned the clip over and re-fitted the hose before going to get it scanned.

From reading SSP336, it looks like the Air Mass Meter's readings are used in part of the calculations to monitor the DPF.

I'm wondering is it possible this boost hose coming off could have caused P0473? We cleared the code and the CEL didn't come back on the way home. Thoughts?

I have VCDS coming so I intend to leave the car parked until I can check the DPF.

Last edited:

Will27

TDI
'06 Golf TDI, '08 Caddy TDI, '13 Passat Alltrack
Update: The CEL did come back

After doing some googling I decided to replace the pressure sensor. Talking to the parts guy at the dealer this is a common failure part. The original part on the car was 03G 906 051A, has been replaced with 076 906 051A. Used VCDS to do the adaptation and a regen. CEL is off and no fault codes so far.