12V socket and wiper fluid Pump not working.

killerbeeuser

TDI
2001 Jetta
Hello Everyone

I'm Hoping to get some help with my 2001 Volkswagen Jetta GLS V6.

A few weeks ago a coin fell in my 12V cigarette lighter. I took the coin out, and replaced the position #41 fuse on my fuse-box. So far the socket hasn't been working. Then a few days ago I also noticed that my wiper fluid was not spraying. Still thinking it was a fuse problem I replaced the pump fuse and have also checked the fuses on top of the battery just in case.

I searched the forums on here and I saw some mention that the problem might be caused by a "power relay" that needs to be switched out. Although I'm not sure what they meant. If someone can explain that to me I would be very grateful.

And I'm not sure if it's related but my A/C has not been blowing cold air.

Thanks

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
I searched the forums on here and I saw some mention that the problem might be caused by a "power relay" that needs to be switched out. Although I'm not sure what they meant. If someone can explain that to me I would be very grateful.
The cig ligher and windshield washer pump are separate circuits, but they are fed from the load reduction relay. The manual calls this relay J59, but it will likely have "100" marked on it in the panel under the dash. Check with Dr. Google for more info...seems that Photobucket has eliminated a lot of helpful pictures on the web.

Check for voltage at the fuses. If there is voltage, then the relay should be OK. If there is no voltage, then check the relay.

That's about all I can tell you.