FS: 2005 New Beetle TDI-PD GLS :: Upgraded/Modifications / SE Michigan

TBH.MD

TDI
2005 NB GLS TDI
Hello everyone. I am a new name on the Forum, but have been a long time follower.

I am selling my modified 2005 Sundown Orange New Beetle TDI-PD (BEW) after a long and memorable relationship. * I am the original owner * having bought the car new when I was a Resident doctor in training; it has been my dedicated commuter for all these years, and has been well tended.

It is now time for me to purchase a new commuter car commensurate with my years of hard work as a physician. Over the years, I often toiled over "upgrading" the car to make it "new" (their is so much personal nostalgia) -- instead of buying new. ...

** As a preface to what follows, I am mentioning names of TDI Forum individuals who have had a role in my car's evolution to lend context. As such, I would expect (and encourage) you to check the voracity of the disclosures. **

... In 2013, after attending a TDi CLUB GTG at Marty Bergell's home, I decided to upgrade/modify the car after many kind members offered suggestions, and advice. At that time, I had the pleasure to meet many knowledgeable people, including Matt Whitbread -- a kind, wonderful and talented TDI "genius." Needless to say, after many phone and email conversations, I decided to modify the Beetle. Since then, the car has remained steadfast as my daily driver, except during summer days or long drives conducive to driving my 2014 Mazda Miata PRHT 6-speed.

The car stock was a loaded 2005 New Beetle GLS w/ 5-Spd. I will spare all of VW's specifications, but options included Monsoon sound, Sunroof, Heated seats/mirrors, and Black Leather interior.

The car has been maintained after the warrantee by myself or dedicated TDI mechanics. I have the muriad of service records, etc stuffed in the glove box. The car is in good+ condition mechanically and good condition cosmetically for having ~246K miles.

* Cons: broken license plate lights; passenger-side cracked windshield, requires A/C charge; driver heated seat

* Pros: Mixed driving: 41-43mpg; interior very clean; one-owner; diligent 10K self oil changes (Amsoil EuroBlend)/20K fuel filter; original CAM inspected by Matt at 155K: reported in surprisingly good condition

The following modifications have been made :: all work graciously done by Matt Whitbread:

Engine/Powertrain
- European Audi 6-MT swap w / clutch re-finished by Southbend Clutch
- PD-130 fuel-injectors
- New purchase Garrett 17/22 turbo-charger w/ custom down-pipe
- EGR delete
- Rocket-chip RC-3+ custom tune (done at the GTG) with Mr. Robertson
- Timing Belt/water pump: ~150-155K

Suspension
- Audi TT front Lower Control arms.
- Audi TT front knuckles and disc brakes. Bearings. Tie rods.
- Bilstein TC Sport shocks

Other
- McNally Combo turbo boost/EGT gauge (Blue)
- Gas tank "ventectomy"
- Daytime driving-lamps turned off
- 17" VW "Exor" wheels with Z-rated tires
- Included: Stock 16" wheels with Snows

Asking $1,900 or Best Offer.

Thomas Henry, MD

Please PM me with any questions, inquiries, etc

Pictures Gallery...

Last edited: