Injector repacement

zicky

TDI
2002 Jetta 5 spd 300,000+ Miles
Can anyone tell me where to get a good price on replacement injectors. New or rebuilt. I would even consider rebuild kits. Thanks!

h4vok

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi 5sp 171k
I got DLC520 from dbw a month or so ago and they have been great. All I did was install the injector and thats it. I didn't adjust IQ or timing(already at blue line). Still get the same fuel mileage and have better power as the DLC520 are the euro spec size.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Can anyone tell me where to get a good price on replacement injectors. New or rebuilt. I would even consider rebuild kits. Thanks!
A second hand set on Ebay are in the $120-150 range. I got lucky for
$60, had a new set of nozzles installed and springs balanced at a local diesel shop for $120. My understanding is that "rebuilt" is simply shimming the springs to pop at the specified pressures.

I'm sure DBW does a great job and has some very expensive calibration equipment that most don't. Depends on your budget
and expectations.

My $.02,
R*2

richmondvatdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon 5-speed,2003 Jetta GL Wagon, 2003 Jetta GLS Wagon, 2013 CC 2.0T
You can have peace of mind that DBW's injectors will be MINT! he is very professional and meticulous at what he does. Beware of rebuilds, allot of guys don't have the correct equipment to test flow.
+1. I have bought 2 sets from him in the past 2 years. Good stuff.

maxmoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf, 2001 golf, 2000 beetle, 2003 wagon, 2004 golf, 2004 jetta, all diesels
Injectors are one of those things that should be done right not cheap......if you want optimized performance,milage and starting ability.
DBW knows his sh**.

hughesjasonk

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta MK4;
I have bodies if you want to send those off to be rebuilt with new nozzles so you don't have down time

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
A second hand set on Ebay are in the $120-150 range. I got lucky for
$60, had a new set of nozzles installed and springs balanced at a local diesel shop for $120. My understanding is that "rebuilt" is simply shimming the springs to pop at the specified pressures.

I'm sure DBW does a great job and has some very expensive calibration equipment that most don't. Depends on your budget
and expectations.

My $.02,
R*2
Might seem cheap now, but if you end up melting a piston it will turn out to be a VERY expensive "savings."

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
UhOh,
If I had my druthers I'd've gone for Firads. If I make it back to Italy,
I'll dig around, lots of nozzles made in Italy. Lol, or I'd be driving a
Porsche Cayman. {:eek:)

toot77

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI auto (180K miles), & 2013 Jetta TDI (50K miles and sadly returned)
I know this is an old thread but I just want to add another recommendation for DBW & the DLC520 nozzles. I had them do mine several weeks ago. I did move the timing from the middle to upper advanced line and I did the IQ adaption as recommended by DBW for the DLC520's. Starting quicker, running quieter, making less smoke, and a very noticeable power increase! I haven't paid attention to mileage yet but it is certainly no worse. I believe turnaround time on them was about 2 days. Great Service and Great Results.