When deleting the EGR........

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Remove items associated with it and install sensors in their place.
Need tapped block off plates and gauges.
I installed the boost and EGT probes in the block off plates after tapping them.

I actually got a 3/4" tap (should have gotten a bit to match) and a 3/4" to 1/8" plug to do it with what I had already.

After the tune you should have no need for any of the added items.

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
Ok, that helps. Not worried about extra sensors right now, but knowing I can remove those vacuum switches from the firewall and get rid of the lines helps a ton. Thank you!

maxmoo

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 golf, 2001 golf, 2000 beetle, 2003 wagon, 2004 golf, 2004 jetta, all diesels
Ok, that helps. Not worried about extra sensors right now, but knowing I can remove those vacuum switches from the firewall and get rid of the lines helps a ton. Thank you!
:eek:
???....Everything is there for a reason....I would suggest you do a little more reading/research before you rip all the vacuum switches, sensors and lines out!

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
Well, explain to me what else those vacuum switches do when the components they operate are removed? Because to my knowledge and what I found, they certainly aren't multi purpose vacuum switches, so please, enlighten me if I missed something.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
The intake manifold comes apart in two pieces, and there are some valves in there that partially block the flow of air to the engine.

You'll want to make sure those valves are held in the open position, or just take some pliers and rip the valves off the shaft. (I tore mine out).

Or consider getting a PD150 intake manifold from Europe.

PGM jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta BEW
As mentioned, take about the intake manifold and pull out the butterfly flaps. Pliers work great.

You remove about 1/2 of all of your vacuum lines. The only ones you need are to the firewall, N75, vacuum pump, and to the turbo. Some even delete the vacuum reservoir on the front of the engine. There are some pictures out there that show a fully deleted PD engine vacuum routing.