Egr/dpf replacement and/or delete

mccarthy_jared

TDI
2011 jetta tdi 2.0 L
So I have a 2011 Jetta tdi 2.0L with 95k roughly on it. Bonestock at the moment had for about 2 years now. Been throwing p2015 and p401. I drive daily on the highway of upwards of 100 miles a day to and from work. Mostly at highway speeds. I would think traveling for an hour at 70-80 mph would be enough to passive gen the dpf if in fact that was the issue. Was considering a dpf/egr replacement, but am having a difficult time finding parts that aren't super expensive. And if I'm going to shell out that money I may as well go win something like a rawtek dpf delete kit with a small Malone tune. Idk. Any suggestions as to what direction to take this?

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
I wouldn't touch the exhaust system until we know the dieselgate outcome.
If there is a fix I would let VAG do it. If not I would (and will) take the buyback.

ghohouston

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 Speed
Or keep the car, get rid of the CRAP emissions equipment, and enjoy a car that can now breathe, gets better mpg, and has more power.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
what makes sense in Texas is not always the right course in MA. (where he will need to pass emissions inspection)

https://www.dieselgeek.com/P2015_Repair_Bracket_p/egr-p2015.htm

put the bracket on to fix the P2015

and just live with the P0401 code, as suggested, until they announce a "fix" which could be well into next year.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=445921 has a little info on the P0401 and what causes it.

the issue is a leaky DPF, that lets soot into where it does not belong, which clogs up (somewhat) a filter in the low pressure EGR path.

If you need to pass emissions inspection soon, that may lead to a different path.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Be aware if going the new exhaust route, dpf/cat delete, that they are worth real money at the right recycler. I did the above delete to my mkVI, subsequently totalled. No emissions testing in PA, so np.

I
just scored $310 at a local business here in Lancaster. When I upgrade the exhaust on my "02, I'll be sure to save the cat.

mccarthy_jared

TDI
2011 jetta tdi 2.0 L
Thanks for the help! I had been considering a delete and if that's what it boils down to in order to actually fix the problem then that's the route I'll take. If I'm going to spend over a grand in parts I mind as well just consider a few hundred more to get a whole new system was kind of where my mind was at. Just have to find out if I'll pass inspection with a delete here in ma