Door lock cylinder repair

hollidayt

TDI
2010 JSW, DSG
Early 2010 TDI JSW. Have tried everything except nuclear weapons to disassemble and repair door lock cylinder p/n 1K5837167/168B. This lock DOES NOT have the c-clip to remove the paddle. Anybody know the secret?
Is there a substitute p/n lock that can be rekeyed to match the ignition lock?
Thanks,
Tom

hollidayt

TDI
2010 JSW, DSG
Follow up--Voila, Remove lock cylinder, stand on end, and fill with "PB Blaster" a penetrant second to none and available at most auto/hardware stores. A few days of treatment and we're back in action. Both my vw's with get an occasional dollop of same, especially before winter arrives. This stuff must be made with magic molecules.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Good reminder to lube our locks, before they seize. I only occasionally have to use mine when the car doesn't respond to the remote for some odd reason.

eyip

TDI
06 Jetta
Follow up--Voila, Remove lock cylinder, stand on end, and fill with "PB Blaster" a penetrant second to none and available at most auto/hardware stores. A few days of treatment and we're back in action. Both my vw's with get an occasional dollop of same, especially before winter arrives. This stuff must be made with magic molecules.
Do you mind sharing the secret? I had a hard time figuring how to open it.:confused: