2010 golf turn signal flashes wrong way?

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
The problem with my turn signal started out fairly simple. It would continue to flash after my turn was completed or if I manually cancelled the signal, as if I had hit the lane change signal. Now it has progressed to every time I use the right turn signal it will randomly stop flashing or start flashing to the left. It will continue to do this randomly unless I apply a lot of pressure to it and force it to blink right.

This is pretty dangerous as I make a lot of turns on and off the highway on my way to work (I drive through Philadelphia and through Cherry Hill, NJ so lots of traffic)

I figured I would seek the help of the fine folks on tdiclub before I go to my mechanic. I may try the electronics cleaner fluid.

Thoughts and suggestions? thanks in advance

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
I changed my turn signal stalk after a problem with my signals effecting my cruise control. If it fixes with pressure on turn signal stalk that is probably what you need. not hard to change. dont remember if that part was $85 or $125.

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
I wish it was still under warranty.... alas I don't really want to take it to a dealer who will charge more for the work than the should... I look into the turn signal stalk. I tried searching the web for replacement parts and had a pretty rough time with very few results. plenty for the mkiv and mkv but not so much the mkvi. there is a cheap mechanic who does good work a mile from my work so i may check that out

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)

Kovick

TDI
2010 Jetta
I know it's an old thread, but I'm curious if you resolved this issue with a new signal stalk. I'm having the same issue with my 2010 Jetta.