New member in Windsor area

lxrubin

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself as I'm new to the tdi community. I'm not totally new to VW's however. My first car was an 88 Fox 2dr wagon. I miss that thing a lot.

I recently bought an 01 Golf that needs some work before I can get it on the road. I was planning on doing everything over the winter and start driving it in the spring, but after closer inspection, I may be able to get it driving within a few weeks. I'll be doing a timing belt as first priority since I don't know it's maintenance history and was hoping there was someone in the Windsor area that may have some tools and/or experience in doing the job.

lxrubin

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Yes I see that.. unfortunately. I also posted in the USA midwest section since I'm in Michigan frequently, but that section doesn't see much action either.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
WELCOME from the "other" side of Canada. Lots of TDI's I see here, but no big action here on this side....

lxrubin

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Hi Smile.. I actually grew up in New West/Van City. Went to uni in Ontario and got a job in Michigan so I'm living in Windsor now.