Passat Instrument cluster

TonyBee

TDI
1996 Passat, 1981 Rabbit
I have a 1996 Passat I acquired with bent valves, and I have since done the repairs along with a bunch of other suspension work. Long story short I am in search of an instrument cluster because the person that I got the car from claimed they hooked the battery cables up backwards and it hasn't worked since, turn signal indicators and, check engine light, and glow plug indicator light all function, nothing else. I have send this unit to BBA reman and one other place, both kicked it back saying they couldn't figure it out. Some guy from Pakistan on a VW facebook page reached out to me and told me he had the cluster that would work for me, not sure what it was out of but it was smaller and only had one connector, I tried it and half of the things worked. My question is number one, does anyone have one they could sell me? Or if I buy one for a 1996 VR6 will it work? Because the one the fellow from Pakistan sent me was a gasoline, automatic, and some of the stuff worked. I apologize for the long post, my very first forum I've been a memeber of
TonyBee is online now Report Post