100,000 miles

BOB MOHAN

Just turned 100,000 miles on my '98 TDI Jetta while curising up the Blue Ridge Mt. on VA-7, appropriately all the gassers behind me were probaly downshifting while I just pulled on through. I took some pictures of it but couldn't figure out how to display them here but then it's not really that big of a deal because with a little patience all TDI owners will see their own 100K. I've had NO PROBLEMS AT ALL with the car, 3 sets of tires, 1 timing belt, new synthetic oil every 8,000 miles and 1 four-wheel alignment is the sum of maintence. Stock except for the set of GTI alunimum wheels, I've enjoyed every mile. I've paid more for cars but never owned better! One question, is the 100,000 mile timing belt available for A3's?

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Congrats ! to you on your 1st. 100K miles.

About the 100K Timing Belt(TB)....sorry to say...no they don't make them for the A-3.

96Wagon

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat, 06 Golf
I just rolled over 100 000 miles a couple weeks ago myself. I've also had mostly regular maintenance problems with my car. My biggest problem seem to be that I am going through brakes alot quicker than I think I should. I am now on my third set, front and rear. All iin all, my Passat has been problem free.