Re: Horn No Longer Beeps When Doors Are Locked

S

spyglass

I have this happen quite regularly. It seems to happen on my 2001 golf whenever I press the lock on the remote at the same time as when the door closes. Something screws up and the horn no longer beeps because the alarm didn't set properly. My work around is to unlock the car with the remote, open the hatch (golf) and close the hatch then lock the car with the remote and voila the alarm beep works again.

Hope it works for you.

S

spyglass

Not sure why this posted as a new topic instead of adding to PDJetta's thread. Perhaps a mod can fix it?

Sry for the inconvenience.
spyglass

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II

The problem is that your hatch is not shut completely. Try that first and see if the horn beeps. When it doesn't beep it means that the hatch is not closed all the way. Or a door is open.

FloridaTDI

TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI Special Edition

Could also be the hood is not completely closed.

NorthernMage

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT, Platinum Grey

This happened to me as well and the mechanic told me the radio wasn't completely "seated". Not sure if he meant that he had to remove it and ensure the sockets in the back were seated or if he just pushed it in.

TDI
Golf 05

Had this happen just recently to me also. Turns out one of the trunk micro-switches (for indicating whether or not the trunk was closed) was dead. Also, by arming my alarm with a dead micro-switch was causing my alarm to randomly activate.

scotthershall

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5spd

Also had this happen. It was the radio not being pushed in all the way. There must be a switch in back or something. The problem was it happened after I washed the car so I thought water got into the micro switch in the hood latch (which I thought was funny because it probably gets wet when ever it rains). Opening the hood and closing it would make the alarm honk. Later I pushed on the radio whenever it happened and it worked too. I think the hood slamming closes jolted the radio enough to close the radio switch.

Good luck,

Scott