Titan 764's From BoraParts

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Well, well... Diesel-Dave accuses of trolling, but has been asking loaded questions to me on another thread. Maybe I should call you Igor.

IF a nozzle were to be over-fueling to the extent to make a rod bend(it is true overfueling can wash away lubricant and cause a piston seize) , there would be some very obvious signs. One, the idle balance numbers would be very negative on the injector that is over-fuleing, but more than that, you'd have that white-smoke at startup issue and there would be black smoke on acceleration... Lots of it.

JarHead, you aren't very far from me. It's too bad the car is gone. I can check first and second stages and the flow balance. I'd like to have seen the injectors to lay this FUD to rest.

But that would be the main thing.. Igor shouldn't be coming on a thread and with no more information than what you have told, that Igor would bad-mouth another company's product.

Heck, I HAVE proof of inferior product and I have to watch my step, like some TRUTH might get out. But what YOU are doing, Igor, is banging someone else's drum, trying to downgrade one product and at the same time, trying to put another product in a good light. Only problem is, it's FUD.

Grey Market?? You guys are still on that game? GET OVER IT. You can put handles on them like 'authentic' or Lot numbered, It's the SAME STUFF.

Last edited:

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Huh?

I think I get what you are trying to ask here...
I don't have a definition of spot-on, I just use the tools provided here in the TDI FAQ, and the Bentley manual.

I work with what little Knowledge I have. If there is something I missed - I am all ears. I sure hate damaging things due to a lack of information. Anything I can learn to make my TDI experience better is much appreciated.
Don't be offended, please. I respect your talent.

My point was, timing can vary between a range. Ten you take in consideration of a "tune" and the engine could have a different optmium setting. Also, the VCDS can set the timing, but actual timing can be off if the cam isn't set correctly in relation to the crank. Mechanical timing can be retarded or advanced.

Jeff said it best in this thread here:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3530206&postcount=19

df

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
I've put more than an hour of track time on my car with Titan 764 injectors. My pistons are doing fine.

Hey grumpusi: here's an idea: instead of making fun of people for what they don't know about injectors, spend 5-10 minutes and share what you know. :rolleyes:

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf Gone But not forgotten. 2000 Jetta TDi Kerma Tuned
Don't be offended, please. I respect your talent.

My point was, timing can vary between a range. Ten you take in consideration of a "tune" and the engine could have a different optmium setting. Also, the VCDS can set the timing, but actual timing can be off if the cam isn't set correctly in relation to the crank. Mechanical timing can be retarded or advanced.

Jeff said it best in this thread here:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=3530206&postcount=19

df

Wow what Jeff said there was spot on. No it makes me think...Hmm.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
I can't believe people are tuning their vehicles before checking physical engine timing. I mean, of course I can believe it, but geeez, cam to crank timing is something we ”should” all know how to check before we start modifying.

Dieselfever78

TDI
01 Golf 1.9 TDi 5 speed
A connecting rod failure was most likely from Cylinder pressure if it wasn't a flaw in the rod itself, bearings, and or wrist pin/bushings (doubtful with 244K). The cylinder excessive cylinder pressure is from either excessive injection timing, excessive quantity of fuel injected or a combination of both. And both of those are controlled by engine tuning. It wasn't long ago people used to think 450-500 hp on a 7.3L PowerStroke was the limit on forged connecting rods, they would install headstuds and valve springs to keep from blowing head gaskets and the next weakest link the connecting rods. Now years later engine tuning has come a long way with the help of cylinder pressure analysis incorporated into the tuning and there have been FACTORY forged rod engines pushed to 600-700+ Hp and live with the correct supporting mods.

A lot of the failures seen were at light load/cruising speed too, just like Jarhead's case.

The crack in the piston is in the way the bowl of the piston is shaped, as it comes up it curves in and comes to somewhat of a point or lip. That area where the point is at is very susceptible to heat spots that will cause it to crack, even in factory applications. Then say you mod the engine and create more heat in the bowl the crack will grow and continue outward.

To prevent that have the bowl of the piston machined to take the lip off and radius the edge of the bowl outward slightly at the top of the piston so there is more material to withstand the head.

-Michael