Titan 764's From BoraParts

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf Gone But not forgotten. 2000 Jetta TDi Kerma Tuned
I just got them installed From Aaron @ BoraParts. First things first Everyone should do buisness with this man. He is a class act!! Next These Nozzles with just a Stage one tune are Amazing!! Cant wait for more!! They Pull and I do mean Pull!!

Now I have VAG-COM and I am Adjusting my IQ The Stock Number had them running in the 5's I bumped it down and now I am running in the mid 4's Can someone tell me if this is okay or do I need to go down a little further?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
You should have a light haze out the tail pipe, if it's anything more then you need to increase the figure to lower the IQ, that's the way I heard it.:)

robnitro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS silver
Did you have them calibrated? If so, how much did Aaron charge and how long did it take?

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
You should have a light haze out the tail pipe, if it's anything more then you need to increase the figure to lower the IQ, that's the way I heard it.:)

Ok thanks. I did a little more tweaking last night. I think I have them set up pretty good now.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
Did you have them calibrated? If so, how much did Aaron charge and how long did it take?

I did have them Pop tested and Calibrated. I overnighted them to Aaron and had them back the next day! I Paid right around $475.

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
98 A3 TDI 5spd, 86 w/TDI 02A in prog.
I'm thinking about getting these how have they been for you so far? What kind of power are you makin?

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
Looking at your specs, I'd ballpark it around 150 hp. I'm not familar with your T25 turbo. How much boost are you running?

df

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Horsepower will really depend on the amount of boost and the tune.

My car is just shy of 150 hp running PP520's and 26psi boost.

IIRC the stock 10mm injection pump cannot provide full fueling to PP764's as it can only deliver 70ml/stroke maximum.

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry i should have specified. These will be going in to my 1mm over AHU with lower CR ported head 11mm pump and a hybrid t3 or large VNT. This will all be in my MK2 jetta.

I was just wondering how they worked for you guys.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I Loved the nozzles. I had put about 10k on them before the Engine let go. I no longer have the car. I used it for a trade in. It was a sad day...

As for the power I would guess I was pushing somewhere close to 140. I never had it dynoed though. They really smoked bad with Stage 1 tune. Once I had my Stage to From Jeff it went a lot better. They seemed to want to keep pulling past what the car was willing to give. They did not lack for power. Aaron from Bora Is a class act. I will buy from him as long as I can.

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
Well i just ordered some so we'll see how they do in my setup once its all together and running. Thanks for your insight.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
On a Trip to Denver Threw a rod out the side of the block. Wasn't under hard load. Just cruising at 75 with the cruise control on. They still gave me 3k for trade in.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
Well i just ordered some so we'll see how they do in my setup once its all together and running. Thanks for your insight.
Please let me know. Also you may want to get with Mark from Malone to update your tune with the new nozzles.

foxracer1

Veteran Member
TDI
the car these are going in is in building progress. It will be getting a stg 4 or 5 tune from mark. But i will keep you posted. Should be runnin in a couple months. I'm still swapping the passat harness over.

Sucks to hear about your engine. I killed my rebuilt engine with only 10k due to some foreign debris from intercooler hanging valve open @ wot 5000 rpm. Thats why i've started this TDI build.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
the car these are going in is in building progress. It will be getting a stg 4 or 5 tune from mark. But i will keep you posted. Should be runnin in a couple months. I'm still swapping the passat harness over.

Sucks to hear about your engine. I killed my rebuilt engine with only 10k due to some foreign debris from intercooler hanging valve open @ wot 5000 rpm. Thats why i've started this TDI build.
Wow thats bad luck man. Good luck with the build.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
So your not sure what caused the rod to go for a hike?
I really had no time to tear in to it. My family and I where starting on a cross country trip. AAA towed me in and I found the closest dealer. I almost cried. Not got going to lie. I still think that I want to track down the car but it has probably been parted out. :mad:

85_305

Banned
TDI
1999.5 Jetta 5spd
Sorry to hear jarhead... I would probably cry too if my car were to blow up on my tomorrow. I'm in love with my car. The only other sweetheart in life I'd cheat on my s/o with.

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry to hear jarhead... I would probably cry too if my car were to blow up on my tomorrow. I'm in love with my car. The only other sweetheart in life I'd cheat on my s/o with.

Haha I feel the same way.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
you installed nozzles and car threw a rod... weird........ ive installed lots of geniune bosio's and rods never went...

getting on flame suit now....

Last edited:

Dubfub

TDI
02 jettta
you installed nozzles and car threw a rod... weird........ ive installed lots of geniune bosio's and rods never went...

Lol thats rich. I would say it had to be low on oil to throw a rod. A bad injector would not cause a rod to leave the block bosio titian or any other nozzle.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
Lol thats rich. I would say it had to be low on oil to throw a rod. A bad injector would not cause a rod to leave the block bosio titian or any other nozzle.
Too much fuel washing down the cylinder will

Dubfub

TDI
02 jettta
Too much fuel washing down the cylinder will

If that was the case there would be some serious smoke at idle for it to put enough fuel to fill the case enough to throw a rod.There should have been more than one warning sign that the nozzles were not right if that was the case but thats not the case.
I still dont think even a bad nozzle would throw a rod unless the piston had completely melted or cracked in half. With out having the engine to autopsy one will never know but the injectors did not cause it.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
If that was the case there would be some serious smoke at idle for it to put enough fuel to fill the case enough to throw a rod.There should have been more than one warning sign that the nozzles were not right if that was the case but thats not the case.
I still dont think even a bad nozzle would throw a rod unless the piston had completely melted or cracked in half. With out having the engine to autopsy one will never know but the injectors did not cause it.

Hey stop trolling on here.

VWDAVID

Veteran Member
TDI
02 golf tdi

This was your comment but dubfub is trolling.:rolleyes: You try to incenuate that the titian nozzles caused his engine to throw a rod and then call some one else a troll. A bad nozzle will not throw a rod period. Get a grip when you fully understand how a tdi works and get your head out of your ars come back with some real knowledge.

Last edited: