FS 2002 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual great condition

Boraflux

I purchased this car in early 2007 in Corpus Christi, Texas. At the time, it had 103K. It now has 198K. The car has no corrosion issues because it has never been driven during the salty winter months. I would put the car away before the first snow and drive my truck until spring. I have a stack of receipts 3/4" thick - over 20k spent during my ownership! The car was originally an automatic, but switched to a 6 speed manual when the engine was redone at 135K
The highlights are:
Engine was completely gone though by Whitbread Performance innovations with complete blueprinting of block and head. .5mm ASV pistons, Integrated Engineering H beam rods, total seal rings, ARP headstud kit, DRW code 6 speed manual transmission, stage 3 tune from TD tuning, larger front-mounted intercooler, etc. The engine rebuild and transmission swap were $8500.
About one year after the work was done, the original turbo started to fail, so I took it to Whitbread again. The car was outfitted with 17/22 turbo from ID parts and a set of Bosio 520 nozzles. Poly engine and trans mounts were installed, but they were a little too rough for a car that was intended to efficiently travel long distances, so I put the factory rubber mounts back in place.

The car has an "Old Man" intake on it. I'm not sure which vendor I bought it from but when i got it, I had it polished and bright anodized before i installed it. I also put an "Old Navy" ccv on after it had been polished and black anodized. The plastic engine cover is long gone. I trashed it after the first oil change because i wanted to be able to see leaks and damaged hoses, etc. The car has a Diesel Geek panzer plate and full metal jacket. It also has the Diesel Geek short shifter kit. The exhaust is stainless from the turbo back - I believe that it's 2.5". I don't remember the name of the vendor - I thought that they were out of Massachusetts though. I had purchased some sound deadening material for the car, but never got around to installing it. It comes with the car if the buys wants it.

I have put a ton of money and time into the car, but I changed jobs almost 3 years ago and now I just drive the company vehicle. I have put less than two thousand miles on the Jetta since I changed jobs, so regretfully, it's time for me to sell. Last spring, the headliner was redone and the driver's seat had its tired factory foam replaced with new OEM. The only thing that a future owner might want to address is the radio. All but one line of pixels on the display are gone. It still sounds fine and plays CD's, but you just can't read the display.

Enthusiast-owned, fantastic driver/looker
$6700
http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=47745

Last edited:

Stromaluski

Veteran Member
TDI
'67 Deluxe Bus, '80 Rabbit Truck, '92 Corrado, '10 Cup Edition
This sounds like a really nice car. Are there any more pictures? Also, where are you located?

Boraflux

Options on car

It's a GLS model - power locks, power mirrors, and power windows. It has black cloth seats and no sunroof. I will post pictures of the interior tomorrow.

I just posted pics of instrument panel and engine.