Diesel trucks

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I still think Amercans' love affair with using full size pickups for personal daily transportation is stupid.
Absolutely. Although large SUVs aren't much better, especially here in the Northeast where roads and parking spaces are too small for most of them.
I full agree with both statements. There are a number of full sized trucks in my work parking lot that have never seen anything more than a few bags of grass seed and fertilizer in their beds. I bet most of them don't even have scratches in the bed floor. I find it most humorous when I watch someone taking four or five tries to either get their land yacht into or out of a parking spot. If it's that big, park further away.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I so rarely drive my F150, that I end up having to drive it "just because". It is on the non-winter (salt) use program too. But it was inexpensive, and I like it from a near-classic status now, so I am not parting ways with it. Besides, I get comments about it from locals when I drive it to Tractor Supply or similar places. :)

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
former TDI owner here (rust won in the end)

Now we have two crew cab diesel pickups for our "daily drivers"

Wife works from home, so hers sees little mileage, maybe 5k per year

I commute 4 miles in mine, getting about 17mpg.

So about a quart of fuel each way, probably less fuel than 50% of TDI or "eco" commuter cars.