Mid Michigan GTG -- Saturday, July 16th

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Saturday, July 16 is the day of the Mid Michigan Summer's GTG here in Fowlerville, MI.

Yeah, Rocketchip will be here

9696 N Nicholson Road
Fowlerville, MI 48836
this link will get you to a locater for directions:
http://www.martinbergelllc.com/location/location.html

This time start time will be 9:00 and we'll wind it up around noon so that it ends at a decent time (kidding! :D)-- End time 8:00PM
More details to follow of course

Here are the only accomodations I can recommend for out-of-towners:
Holiday Inn is located one exit (133), 4 miles east from Fowlerville exit 129.

Holiday Inn Express -- Howell,MI
http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/howell/jxnhw/hoteldetail
--------------------------------------
The Magnuson Hotel -- formerly the Best Western (only 2 star rating)
http://www.fowlervillehotel.com/
This one is located right at the Fowlerville exit 129

--------------------------------------
There are a couple of Mom and Pop motels along Grand River but I have never visited them.
Here is one:
Crest Motel★★★☆☆
2 Reviews

517-548-1220
4495 W Grand River Ave Howell, MI 48855 crestmotel.com

------------------------------------------

We will be providing some eats and soda pop and water.
Feel free to bring what you want to eat as long as you take the leftovers with you.

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I am there as usual.

Added to my Calendar

Last edited:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
I'm in - looking forward to it Marty.

Thanks for puttin' this on.

Kirk

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Marty, et al:
Looks like I'm out this year too:(! My wife is planning another road trip this summer for Washington DC, and we will be on the road again while the "Marty Party" is happening. Last year we were on our way to the Pacific Northwest when the shindig happened. I guess I'll just have to say the same thing we say about the sports teams here in the Chicago area and say "Maybe next Year"!
Dan

ARBY

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Sportwagen - really want a F-150.
Dang, looks like I'll be out of town. I was hoping to catch this now that I'm back in a TDI. Maybe next year.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Would love to be there....as it's going to be pretty hot here by then.....just the way I like it! Miss ya Sandy & Marty!!

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
I came right out of my chair and did a little dance when I read this... Yee Haw! I'll be there with bells on, well maybe covvies depends on the temps. :D I may even get the Jetta chipped, gotta get the cam done and house sold first tho. :eek: Can't wait Marty and thanks to Sandy for letting you put this on again.:)

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Hmm, I was considering coming to Michigan in July to run a 24 Hours of Lemons race with some other VW nerd friends... that race is on the exact same weekend!

Randomhero1172

TDI
2003 Jetta
This would be my first VW GTG. I will mark it on my calander, excited to see what everyone is up too and check out the TDI's! See everyone there

CT TDI

Vendor
TDI
1999.5 Jetta
Oooo this looks like fun. This will be my first gtg ever. I look forward to it. Need to start putting together a little cash stash towards a tuning fund :rolleyes:

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
I should be back from my most excellent adventure by them. And, damn! I'm about due for another timing belt. I need to quit my job so I drive less!
Any word if Peter will be making a parts run this year?
JohnD

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
I'm in for sure this year. Looking forward to it Marty!

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
C'mon you "still holed up from winter" Michiganians, get out here and support your Numero Uno TDI guru in the State.

I say, I say..... get on this thread and liven it up a bit. We're starting to take a back seat to a bunch of those other boring midwest states in this section.

Let's go!

Kirk

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Liven it up, he says. Hey, here's an idea...Marty should have his band come out and play a set! TDI's and blues, anyone? That'd be a rockin' GTG! :)

TDIJettaz

TDI
'14 JSW, '02 JW
Hey there I may be able to make my first GTG this year. I have a '98 Jetta TDI and it has a problem where if go over 70 mph or so it will usually cut out one of the cylinders and then I have to turn the motor off and back on. I was told of this when I bought it last year, and he told me that this is a common problem with the III's. I don't know if that's true or not but I thought I'd get your feedback, and if you guys know what causes this I would definitely bring it to the GTG and have it checked out. Thanks.

Last edited:

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Why wait till the GTG? Bring it up and I'll help you get it fixed soon.

Kirk

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Hey there I may be able to make my first GTG this year. I have a '98 Jetta TDI and it has a problem where if go over 70 mph or so it will usually cut out one of the cylinders and then I have to turn the motor off and back on. I was told of this when I bought it last year, and he told me that this is a common problem with the III's. I don't know if that's true or not but I thought I'd get your feedback, and if you guys know what causes this I would definitely bring it to the GTG and have it checked out. Thanks.
Sounds like 'limp mode'....Kirk can getcha all fixed, but here's some reading material in the meantime:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=179589

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Yeah, Kirk will get your MkIII sorted out, great guy and asset to this community.:cool: BTW, how low is your production number on the '98 Beetle? Mine's ~36K (about May '98 build) still running like a champ.
Hey Dean/Marty...does the group even play blues? For all I know they could be a Reggae/Rasta band :D but regardless, they'll need their bass player and it's hard to play from under a Jetta. :eek:;)

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Dean and "SnowPlowGuy" (by the way, I've always thought you should change your username, Mark),

It seems we're getting a little off topic here, but then again we are keeping the MI GTG bumped up...............;)

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Never thought I'd see the day when a mid MI GTG would need bumpage!!

TDI
I thought we were spitballing about possible entertainment options besides who can get stuck the best (worst?:eek:) off Martys driveway or where the duck will head off to next. Seemed on topic. :eek:

TDI
Both you and Lew need to convoy on up here. We can do the DSG service on both JSWs and you guys can re-connect with the last few Michiganders left! :eek: ;)