Looking for Mobil Truck and SUV Oil

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Others: 82 MB 300D Turbodiesel & 2010 BMW X5 35D
Driving back from NY State today and have 'foolishing' been spot checking Walmarts to fine the Truck and SUV Oil which seems to be a rare commodity. Anyway ... Question: Anyone know of a place off of I-90 (NY, PA, OH) or I-71 (OH) to jump off and on the interstate quickly where I can pick it up. (otherwise I'll try to swing by AVLUBE and pick up Delvac 1)

2002_tdinut

TDI
Looking for a new TDI ...
Hi Rich,

I've been getting my M1 T&SUV oil at Autobarn and paying $4.49/qt. A good deal, I think. Have you compared it (M1 T&SUV) to Amsoil 5-40 AFL? I never go the full 10K on any oil and think I'll try and stop obsessing about what to use and stick with what is easier to get.

Joe

Getting consistent 50.269 mpg with some WOT to clean things out. Ventectomy, ON CCV, 4-8 oz Stanadyne or Soyshield every tank. 2002 Jetta 5 speed GLS.

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Both my 2001 and 2003 have had Delvac 1 since I have owned them. I've finished off my last case and can't see spending 22 bucks a gallon when Mobil 1 T&Suv is less and might be more convenient. A local cincitdi member picked it up for $3.99/quart a Walmart the other day. I've got an oil change coming up (I go 10K) and thought I might try to find it.

BTW ... rounding Cleveland now so any oil stops south on my way to Cinci would sitll work.

RichC

Veteran Member
TDI
Just stopped at a Walmart in Macedonia, OH (bypass 271) and picked up 5 quarts for $4.77. They wouldn't price match the price posted from a friend in Cincinnati ($3.99) but I needed the oil anyway. They have a bunch of quarts left so if anyone needs Mobil 1 T&Suv oil ... it available SE of Cleveland.

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Rich, NOCO (Mobil Oil Distributor) right at I-190 and I-290 in Tonawanda (Just north of Buffalo) has it at lower price than Walmart. I have yet to find a Walmart in Western New York State which carries it. Also NOCO has a number of gas stations in the Buffalo area which might carry it. I've been getting it direct from NOCO distributorship.

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
A local cincitdi member picked it up for $3.99/quart a Walmart the other day.

WOW, that works!
__. I bought a few bottles of M1 T&SUV at Kragen in Reseda CA a few weeks ago for $3.77 each. There are deals out there.
'

SKM348

TDI
Golf-GLS, 2003, White
Rich - O'Reilly's Auto Parts has just started carrying it at $4.99/qt. I don't know if they are up north or not but it just arrived in TN.