Q7 Aftermarket Hitch options

expetrush

TDI
2009 TDI Sportwagen
I just purchased a '15 Q7 TDI without a hitch. Has anyone here have any comments on what aftermarket brand to install? (Uhaul, Curt, etc..)

Also is there a chance that Audi has included but hidden the trailer lights? From past experieve with Toyota & LandRover, they would add the wiring even if it did not have the factory hitch installed.

Not looking to do any real serious towing but will tow small sail boat around & add hitch mounted rack for skis & basket for storage.

mike

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 Tdi, RIP 2003 Jetta GLS 5sp
I just purchased a '15 Q7 TDI without a hitch. Has anyone here have any comments on what aftermarket brand to install? (Uhaul, Curt, etc..)
Also is there a chance that Audi has included but hidden the trailer lights? From past experieve with Toyota & LandRover, they would add the wiring even if it did not have the factory hitch installed.
Not looking to do any real serious towing but will tow small sail boat around & add hitch mounted rack for skis & basket for storage.
I put this one on my Q5 Tdi. exact match to OEM at substantially less price point. installation easy following their video. Tip, no need to disconnect wiring from bumper cover just lay it on carpet under the vehicle during install.
Audi requires their module for the wiring. I got an Audi one off ebay.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Audi/Q5/2015/75940.html?vehicleid=201538850

BioDuane

TDI
'16 Audi Q5 TDI, '02 Jetta GLS Auto
Your link to the trailer hitch that matches OEM no longer works. Will you point me to the one you got. I just got a Q5 TDI without a hitch. Thank you, Duane

2010TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sedan TDI 6MT, 2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG (sold), 2014 Jetta Sedan TDI DSG (sold), 2015 Golf SportWagen TDI DSG
Your link to the trailer hitch that matches OEM no longer works. Will you point me to the one you got. I just got a Q5 TDI without a hitch. Thank you, Duane
The link above loads for me... you could also try searching with "75940" in the etrailer search box at the top of the page. The link directs me to: Draw-Tite Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver - Custom Fit - Class III - 2"

MEgearhead

Veteran Member
TDI
B5.5, 4L, 4G
for the '15 Q7 see this link: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/trailer-hitch-kit/4l0092101c/

The Q5 and Q7 hitches are different.

You will also need the bolts, and unless you want to try cutting out your trim piece, the trim cover. the cover comes in regular or S-line versions.

One properly programmed the module provides the trailer lights and all the functionality such as preventing the backup sensors from going crazy.