Help with window regulator install

Misscourt

TDI
1999 Jetta
I have a 1999 (new style) Jetta, my window regulator failed on my back window, I purchased a used regulator from a auto parts yard from a 2002 Jetta-the panel fits perfectly with the door, but the hole in the window will not line up to place the plastic clip to secure window- has anyone had this problem with alignment? Any ideas how to secure window if there is no other way to place clip? Thank you guys in advance- it’s been driving me crazy!

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
Drop the window carrier (not the glass itself) all the way to the bottom. The lower the glass in the tracks until the hole(s) in the bottom of the glass (are there one or two in the back -= I don't remember, sorry) line up with the hole(s) in the inner door cover. Then use tape - duct tape, masking tape, whatever you need to use. You might want to put a rag on the painted part on the top of the door frame, and just run the tape from the glass over the rag and back to the glass. It is easier on the door frame paint with the rag in place and you can just razor blade any adhesive residue off the glass.

Now, with the glass held in place, you can carefully raise the window regulator up to the proper place to match the regulator attachment block and hole with the glass hole. Now you can insert the nylon tube and then press in the center pin that locks it all in place.

HTH

PH