8th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2015 - January 17 (aka WINTERFEST)

Activities questionnaire - please select one for karting and one for dinner

• Total voters

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e

The Passat is available in a great new red.

The photographer following our group.

Part of our group gathered around a VW. Surprise surprise.

VW display

Look!

VeeDubTDI

TDI

Ford F-150 LED headlights.

New Raptor

Beautiful classic.

VeeDubTDI

TDI

New NSX twin turbo V6 hybrid. Very cool.

Cadillac ATS-V

VeeDubTDI

TDI

Hideous Mercedes "coupe" SUV thing. Whyyyyy???

Purple Bentley!

More Bentleys

All of the Bentleys

1967 Lincoln Continental coupe.

Chinese auto manufacturers think we need vehicles with swivel chairs and fish tanks... :confused:

VeeDubTDI

TDI

Our very own hipster Validius. Such fashion!

Mini GTG at Whitbread's shop.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Nice pics! Man, I forgot to look at the Titan. Looks like they had a nice setup. Was in and out too quick this year.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Nice pics! Man, I forgot to look at the Titan. Looks like they had a nice setup. Was in and out too quick this year.

I was really impressed by the Titan. It is going to be a nice truck, and I think they are being very conservative with the 1500 badge.

Would more time be better next year? It's almost too packed to see anything by early afternoon, but we can always add a little more time if that's what the group wants. There certainly is a ton of cool stuff to see.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I was really impressed by the Titan. It is going to be a nice truck, and I think they are being very conservative with the 1500 badge.

Would more time be better next year? It's almost too packed to see anything by early afternoon, but we can always add a little more time if that's what the group wants. There certainly is a ton of cool stuff to see.
My wife and I thought the time frame was perfect but we don't oogle every single vehicle with a toothpick. As for the pics, those are some very nice shots you have! The karting was fun and you were correct, Shrek sized people CAN fit! Hopefully next year I will actually get to small talk with more people as I really only got to small talk at breakfast with "stinky fingers" and "hughesjasonk" (I think). Were we supposed to stay as a group?

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Naw your schedule works fine. We ran outta there around noon to catch a Basketball game.

I sat in the Ram 1500 and it was very nice. Much nicer than the Colorado, but it is a bigger truck. I still miss my 2500 duramax. Kinda want a smaller truck but they are 40k+ these days.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
That said, I thought I read that they're beefing up the XD specifically, so the gassers will probably be lighter duty. (And, the XD launches first, too.)

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
The time frame was prefect. The group thing never really works out. It's really tough to keep everybody together.

Which was nice this year at the VW venue they had tables and chairs up stairs.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I'm glad that the time frame worked out. Next year we should all swarm VW as a group first, then drift through the show in the usual fashion in smaller groups. Perhaps meeting up in the driver's lounge rather than at the statue when we're done would be a good idea, too. Start and end the show with a nice TDIClub presence. :cool:

As for the pics, those are just straight up shots with the iPhone 6. It does a pretty good job.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I forgot to include this pic, or more likely tried to forget about it. Just because it says "DIESEL," it doesn't mean it's OK. :rolleyes:

I read in the UK Car magazine today that Range Rover AssUVs are girlier than Beetles. Hmmm, do women have a greater occurrence of bad taste? :eek:
I also read in the same magazine that the BMW 32xd wagon was better than the Audi A4 or Mercedes C-something that we don't get: five stars, where the Merc and Audi got 4.