GMARK'S 2nd-annual Fall GTG Oct 7th

GMARK

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL Reflex Silver 5 speed. Ventectomy, coolant migration mod, Hella Comets, FK air ducts.
I will be hosting my fall GTG on Saturday, October 7th at my home near Johnstown, Ohio. Start time is 8:00 am. This is a full-wrenching event, so plan on getting that late season work accomplished before winter sets in. Kids, guests, and pets are welcome to attend. Lunch will be provided at 12:00 noon, and member courtesy is also appreciated. Like last year, we will have hayrides and a bonfire in the late afternoon/evening.
PM me for additional details or if you have any questions.

Hope to see you here!:D

Mark

GMARK

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GL Reflex Silver 5 speed. Ventectomy, coolant migration mod, Hella Comets, FK air ducts.
Please let me know if you are likely to attend. For planning purposes, I'll need to have an accurate headcount.
Thanks!

G

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I will be there for sure!

hopefully i will be driving my new to me GTI... I could do everything from a cap & rotor swap to a full 16v timing belt with all the seals etc if time/space allows

I will def be willing to lend a hand wherever Im needed

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I plan to be there. I believe it's time for new sway bar bushings for me.

Hmmm, does anyone have a video camera? Perhaps we could make a how to video?

-Jason

GMARK

Veteran Member
TDI
Glad to have you both coming!
BTW, I do have a video camera, so we could do a "how to" video on the bushings.

Mark

GMARK

Veteran Member
TDI
One week out. :)
Please let me know if you are likely to attend and what (if any) work you wish to do to your car.
Thanks!

Mark

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Mark,

you need to update your signature, we found your 5th gear :)

Ill for sure be there in Partricia. Got her on the road last night. I will be doing some front brake work, I would like help on my shifter bushing replacement as well so I will need one side of the garage for a little bit. I plan to get there early to stake my claim :)

if these go well I have a whole box of parts to play with and or a complete quad round conversion to put on.

in other words, there will be plenty for me to do and if anyone wishes to help, Ill be glad for it :)

see everyone there!

Aaron

GMARK

Veteran Member
TDI
Ha!
Nice catch!:D
Glad you got her on the road. You can get here anytime you wish and secure your spot in the garage. It looks as if an intake cleaning will be the most involved job we have this time, so as always, earlier is better.

Mark

GMARK

Veteran Member
TDI
One day left to go.
Remember to bring your tools, supplies, jack stands, Bentley, etc... if you are doing work to your car.
Also bring a folding chair if you have one. The weather looks excellent and I expect a good turnout. :)

Mark

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Ill be there bright and early to claim my spot in the garage!

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
That T-red Jetta was FIERCE.

Chug chug vroom clackclackclack whrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
had a great time and had fun doing a bunch of work on my own new to me 1989 GTI (black one in the pics)

my list of finished work includes:
new spark plugs
new cap & rotor button
new coolant expansion bottle with level sensor
replaced the badly leaking valve cover gasket
adjusted the shifter linkages (thanks Compu_85 & bhtooefr)
replaced bad front rotor & pads on pass side with good used units from the donor jetta.

on OTHER peoples cars, I:
Bill & Le-Ann, 2002 Jetta TDI, new fuel filter & brake fluid replacement
Beth, 2001 GOlf TDI, brake fluid replacement
Chris, 1991 8v Golf, brake fluid replacement
Jeff, 2002 Jetta TDI, applied brake quiet to front pads
GMARK, 2004 Jetta PD TDI, brake fluid replacement
CoolWhite, 2002 Jetta TDI 6 speed, brake fluid replacement with Pentosynth (only non ATE super blue of the day)

yes, I did 5 Brake fluid replacements, thank the stars for the Motive Pressure bleeder brought by Chris with the 1992 GTI, and the My-t-vac brought by Compu_85. Would not have been able to do these changes without those tools.

all in all, was an awesome day and the weather couldnt have been better.

Lisa & Mark, Thank you for all the awesome food and opening your house for us.

Aaron

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta, DSG, Package 0
Wow! I really liike the Cutlass, too - whose is that?
and a very interesting nose job on the Red Jetta -----oh------:p--it's a chair--:eek:--------never mind!!
:)
Need to clean my glasses, I guess

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
The Cutlass is GMARK's.

Two projects at once at his place: His Cutlass and my Golf, then my Golf was replaced by his German Jetta! :D

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Growler said:
my list of finished work includes:

on OTHER peoples cars:

CoolWhite, 2002 Jetta TDI 6 speed, brake fluid replacement with Pentosynth (only non ATE super blue of the day)
Guess the other 4 brake bleed jobs were the first or they had non-Super Blue fluid in there from a previous bleed. Used Super Blue the last time so figured the yellow color would make spotting the new stuff easier... Anyway, thanks again for doing the bleed for me! :)

As for my ARP head stud job I performed in the afternoon from what I'm seeing on the MFA readout I am getting a slight improvement in mileage which was the whole point of this mod. :D

Of course, special thanks go to Mark and Lisa for hosting the attendees - as usual it was another outstanding GTG experience! :cool:

GMARK

Veteran Member
TDI
A little late, but I wanted to thank everyone for making this another great event. I think we may have done even more work this time than at any of my previous GTGs.
I especially want to thank Aaron for his taking the lead on the brake bleedings, and Jason for his wiring wizardry on the Toofer Golf.
By my count, we had 15 cars with several newbies making a first appearance. Good to see you all and I hope you'll be back for my Spring GTG in April.:)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
GMARK said:
I think we may have done even more work this time than at any of my previous GTGs.
That's amazing since we didn't have the tools/wisdom of MOGolf to draw upon this time as he's usually one of the regulars! :eek: :cool:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
But he is alive and well. He did multiple timing belts at Old Navy's yesterday while dispensing words of wisdom.

As I departed, he and Greg Landuyt were putting brakes on a NB.