Found a nice app to monitor DPF.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I know I am dragging up an old thread here but I am checking in to see how this app has been working for everyone. I have a CRUO and was thinking on giving it a try even though it is not on the list, closet one on the list is CRUA

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
If you have the '15 Sportwagen listed in your profile box, it is a CRUA.

I know I am dragging up an old thread here but I am checking in to see how this app has been working for everyone. I have a CRUO and was thinking on giving it a try even though it is not on the list, closet one on the list is CRUA

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
Tried it today and seems to be working like a champ. Will have to wait for a regen to see if the duration will show, how long does the duration stay displayed?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Tried it today and seems to be working like a champ. Will have to wait for a regen to see if the duration will show, how long does the duration stay displayed?
For however long as the regen takes. It's pretty intuitive really. I just wish it would work with the screen off and give notification. It sucks that the app has to be in the foreground to work and give notifications.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
For however long as the regen takes. It's pretty intuitive really. I just wish it would work with the screen off and give notification. It sucks that the app has to be in the foreground to work and give notifications.
I'm using one of my old Galaxy phones, it fits perfectly down in front of the access door in front of the shifter. The whole phone is dedicated to Torque Pro and VAG DPF for the VW, I have a small Galaxy tablet for my truck just dedicated to TP for that. It gets too busy trying to run all kinds of stuff from my regular phone.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
I'm using one of my old Galaxy phones, it fits perfectly down in front of the access door in front of the shifter. The whole phone is dedicated to Torque Pro and VAG DPF for the VW, I have a small Galaxy tablet for my truck just dedicated to TP for that. It gets too busy trying to run all kinds of stuff from my regular phone.
Probably a good idea as far as trying to do to much stuff while driving. Polar fis would be great for this too but i dont know if theyve got all the bugs worked out.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Well, glad to see I'm not alone on this one. I think the TDI crowd are, in general, more "in tune" with their vehicles. I know they are supposed to work around the mid regen shut down but I really dislike stepping out of the car, fans running like it's an airplane about to take off and car smelling like a bonfire. :eek:
I don't know if I'm more in tune with my car than other drivers, but I am more skeptical of my car's manufacturer than they are...I like to think for good reason!

I mean, that's the rub, right? We want to believe our engineers wouldn't create a situation that could potentially harm our vehicles during normal operating conditions, but at the same time we have to acknowledge it's VW we're dealing with here and all bets are off the table :eek:

I try and check if the idle is at/above 1K before shutting off the engine and if it is just leaving it for a bit until it drops back down.

bubh4

TDI
2015 PASSAT TDI SEL
for IOS usersq

I use the app Bluedriver for the iPhone, its a really nice app, it also uses a proprietary dongle called bluedriver as well but is $100. I setup a monitor to watch the DPF system and engine boost.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
I use the app Bluedriver for the iPhone, its a really nice app, it also uses a proprietary dongle called bluedriver as well but is $100. I setup a monitor to watch the DPF system and engine boost.
I heard Bluedriver was the standard for ios however OBDlink-MX just released a new elm 327 version of their dongle called OBDlink-MX Plus which supports both Android and ios and is updated to include every vehicle. I just received mine today and it works great with my VAG DPF and my Torque Pro. Course the old MX worked fine too but it really belonged in my Powerstroke and I was getting tired of switching it back and forth, or forgetting it altogether. I still use Android and will likely never change, but the best feature of the MX devices is their auto shut off feature so they can be left plugged in all the time. Not sure if Bluedriver does this.

I Want To Believe

TDI
2014 Passat SEL TDI
No dice - no CRKA in the list of pretested engines (or supported engines).

I did try each of the engine options and none of them worked for me so I still don't know if its just that the CJAA engine is not supported or if its my ELM327 knockoff.

John
I wrote the app designer....see below....

I don't have feedbacks about CKRA engine, but it seems similar to CFFB, googling some info.
CFFB is supported by the app.

First you could try setting the engine group 2 in the options menu. If it doesn't work you can even try all other groups to find someone working.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I wrote the app designer....see below....

I don't have feedbacks about CKRA engine, but it seems similar to CFFB, googling some info.
CFFB is supported by the app.

First you could try setting the engine group 2 in the options menu. If it doesn't work you can even try all other groups to find someone working.
I also wrote the app developer long ago. Try read from ecu. That is what I use on mine as the CVCA isn't listed either. Same kind of response from the developer when I wrote.