Toyota Pickup TDI

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Is that a John Deere Skiddy there?

Edit: I see from the link pictures, it's a Case.

Anyway, I have the TDI engine, i just need to find me a 2WD Toyota truck.

(so far I'm 1/3 of the way through your post, so I'll refrain from questions just yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
Immobilizer, steering lock, tilt ,cruise, turn signals also when doing a solid axle swap on a toyota you have to move the steering box anyway. I could have used the Toyota column with some modification but thats not as fun. Plus staring at the VW emblem on the wheel everytime you jump in reminds you of what [SIZE=-1]engine[/SIZE] is actually getting you around.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
So, without the immobilizer and in a 2WD it wouldn't be needed, just nice to have. Thanks.

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta

gtr1990

TDI
2001 tdi toyota pickup
For the gearing was planning on leaving the stock rear (4.56) and just regearing the front to match. Spulen81 is running 4.10's and 31's I think, so 4.56's on 35inch tires should be close for what I will need.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Toys have lots of of R&P choices, so it makes sense to drop in different gears.

I wonder if there are different gears in the transmissions available. Maybe something to fine tune things.

Last edited by a moderator:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
Spulen81 said:
Yup I have stock 4:10s and 32s and its fine as is. I bet 4.56s and 35s will be fine too.
If this works out, it would be in a 2WD truck, so I may only be running 30s. A high 3.XX ratio may even work. I need to do some homework on this.

Spulen81

Veteran Member
I know some of the W series transmissions for cars had a taller .7X 5th gear so that might help you also. I'm not sure if you can swap out the gears but it might be worth looking into.